Domain Days Dubai

closed datapets.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a quick look at neopets, you select what breed you want, they're
like pokeman characters that you 'grow' online. I selected a dog looking
one and it said they're out but try the adoption centre :laugh:

Neopets® is the greatest Virtual Pet Site on the Internet. With your help, we have built a community of over 70 million virtual pet owners across the world

Would take a lot of time to develop, what resale value for the name?

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I never really understood the concept of this..what are they like virtual sea monkeys or something?

It does seem that NeoPets has cornered the market on this as well.

I do, however like the name DataPets.com alot more than NeoPets.com. It is very catchy. You would just have to think of a different concept to make something take off. I am drawing a blank at the moment...but hopefully the members here could come up with something.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It could be a game about pet exploitation, where you sent your pets to work in the mines, or chop wood. I've always wanted to play one of those

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
DNF Staff
Reaction score
Unless it is developed, then i can't see any resale value.

however, it is a good name for the concept!

but only someone with the same "vision" as you,would have an interest.

an idea.....

get with a toy manufacturer, and construct toys as "animal-like" creatures that can speak about different educational subjects.

hence > DataPets

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, neopets are basically tamagotchi programs but on PC. you can do a lot more on PC aswell.
If you remember tamagotchis from a few years ago, they were little handheld 'pets' with a blocky computer screen showing a picture of it. like when you reset your watch on them its 'born'. sounds boring but kids will spend a month straight using them. about 2 hours after you set it, it'll start beeping, so you better scroll though
the food menu for something, its hungry! they grow fast, and theres little games mixed in with all the keeping and grooming. if you leave it alone for a day it 'dies'.

neopets says you can have up to 4 but only choose 1 if its your 1st time or you wont be able to manage them, sounds like they're using the same kind of theme to tamagotchis. check the site www.neopets.com there's a rattling egg on the menu.

I like the educational idea, I'm sure a lot of companies in Tokyo are working on smarter tamagotchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!
IT.com
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Photo Video Editing

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom