Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Determining Whether Exact Match Domain has Trademarked Terms in Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjonesx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new here so I thought starting off with a fairly novel, programmatic approach to a large scale issue might be of use here. Like many of you, when trying to source a large number of domains using a group of keywords, I run into the problem of a good number of them including brand names - like "citi secured credit card" or "verizon mobile phone sets".

Instead of using TESS to try and find registered trademarks, I find that a great method is go straight to Google and see if they have determined it to be a brand search. The systems I have built out search google for the keyword that will be the base of my exact match domain query and then look at the host names of the pages ranking in the top 10. If more than 3 of the pages ranking have the same host name, I can be certain that the keyword includes a brand term.

This has proven to be very effective, removing about 95% of branded terms, leaving "review terms" which might be fair game (citicreditcardreviews.com), and having very few false positives.

Anyway, I hope this helps you find some more domains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators