Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dev Ideas For Backflip.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Decided to keep Backflip.org and develop it:)

I have some ideas of my own and wanted to hear what the community thought of as far as ideas for development!

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Other than a site teaching how to do backflips, I really don't see another development option. Could be a brandable, but the .org doesn't really match in this case.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Other than a site teaching how to do backflips, I really don't see another development option. Could be a brandable, but the .org doesn't really match in this case.

Could be a local buy, sell and trade site for a small town/community.
Gymnast forum.
Domain flipping education site.

Lots of options

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually. An educational site for domaining might be good. I know that dnfcollge is there but maybe someone could help put together content, and sell the course online. Full on domain flipping course.

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You said "full on domain flipping course" so backflip.org doesn't really make sense to me personally for that purpose. Flipping and backflipping, imo don't relate with each other so well- it's awkward. It makes more sense to use the name for gymnastics instead- and that's also stretching it.

You would be turning backflip.org into a brandable, and I'm personally not a fan of that unless you have a huge marketing budget.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You said "full on domain flipping course" so backflip.org doesn't really make sense to me personally for that purpose. Flipping and backflipping, imo don't relate with each other so well- it's awkward. It makes more sense to use the name for gymnastics instead- and that's also stretching it.

You would be turning backflip.org into a brandable, and I'm personally not a fan of that unless you have a huge marketing budget.

I can see where youre coming from. Backflip is just a memorable name in my opinion. So I'm searching far and wide for usage and development ideas. I don't know much about gymnastics, but it could work.

TravisS

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could be a local buy, sell and trade site for a small town/community.
Gymnast forum.
Domain flipping education site.

Lots of options

Local Buy - good luck
Gymnast Forum - it's time intensive
Domain Flipping education site - thought you said you wanted to develop it?

IMO, it's one of those gimmicky domains that I could see populated w/ a site that probably won't add much value. I'd go back and see if you can't get $200 out of bidder [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG].

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea you may both be right. Just don't want to lose money on it. I rather keep it.

Sad part is first bidder agreed to $1500 then got suspended haha. Thumbs way down!

:confused::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::(o_O

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Kidd Wunder, maybe it turned out for the best-- I don't really know the reason he was suspended though. You can try re listing it though and get more than $200.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Kidd Wunder, maybe it turned out for the best-- I don't really know the reason he was suspended though. You can try re listing it though and get more than $200.

Oh it's alright:) I'm ahead for the month so I can just wait for a decent offer to come through and relist the domain!

TravisS

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sad part is first bidder agreed to $1500 then got suspended haha.

I'm hoping you did some snooping around before you accepted him as a bidder?...if the buyer had transactions under his belt, just go into his profile and check his past listings, both buying/selling...even if they are suspended. Whois the domains and snag his email. While you may not have full access to their account info (email, yadda, yadda), you can hope for a past transaction.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Site just about back flips is kinda ehh.

What about back flips and hit Gen Y up with a dose of parkour?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm generation y and parkour is sooo....mid 2000's. lol

That would make it nearly 2500, a year we're not going to see, ever.

What are you saying, you're born in the 80s, 90s, or after 00s and claiming Y is not the proper usage? Technically it isn't as after 2000 are post-millennial's and there is no "Z" or "politically correct" term for the 12-14 year old kids practicing it.

If it's so old, why so much search volume... let alone, parkour teams (globally)? :confused:

Maybe it's yesterdays news in your area, but it's still practiced... and won't be a declining trend like planking as it is an extreme workout (gymnastics on the streets).

Backflip.org - Learn to back flip, parkour and more. :cool:

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping you did some snooping around before you accepted him as a bidder?...if the buyer had transactions under his belt, just go into his profile and check his past listings, both buying/selling...even if they are suspended. Whois the domains and snag his email. While you may not have full access to their account info (email, yadda, yadda), you can hope for a past transaction.

Yea I went through those steps, unfortunately it was a new bidder and had no history, just been a member for a while. It's not rare for people to sign up the same day they see a domain they like and buy it without fail! Just sad that we spent hours negotiating and he takes off lol. But hey, this happens in every industry, so i'm not worried about it. All dots will connect when they are meant to:)

TravisS

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That would make it nearly 2500, a year we're not going to see, ever.

Oops, 1 am oversight lol. What's the proper phrasing for...anyways was shooting at the years 2006, 2007, etc. Too early for numbers. As for everything else, it was really just a joke. It's probably the best idea yet for the domain. Sorry, I wasn't fishin' for an argument ;)

It's not rare for people to sign up the same day they see a domain they like and buy it without fail!

Yeah, that's too bad. You can also try google searching his username, see if it pops up anywhere. Chances are if he was a new member, he/she's probably not going to be tooo active elsewhere tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom