Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Development Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Create a resource of information and statistics on why people should wear skateboard helmets. Don't monetize it in the beginning stages.

Get links from trusted sources because of your high-quality, informative content. That will build the link popularity that will rank you for other keywords later on.

6 to 12 months later start building out the site for additional skateboard keywords and monetize.

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just create an online shop for skateboard helmets and advertise or get a link back from other skateboarding sites ?

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Build a Niche Store...

Visit my sig, read the info on it... If you want to pay homage to an old broke start-up like myself, click on the Aff link in my blog - if not, enjoy the reading and do so with a type in.

Honestly, I have been around the web for quite awhile - BANS is a very great point and Click ebay affiliate program that keeps your content fresh daily!

You get paid on the clickthroughs and purchases to eBay.

Mark

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Either a skateboard helmet plus general skateboard info site, monetized by adsense and affiliate programs, or a pure skateboard shop. If people are interested in helmets you can upsell them to other skateboard related products.

The first is easier to do, the second could involve more time and effort getting a supply source, inventory, packing and shipping - unless you can find a company that dropships skateboard products.

Do helmets get made specifically for skateboarders, or do they just use bike helmets, etc.?

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:)

I'll give you $50 for the domain name.

:)

When you stop laughing... your previous post is correct!! Its a great type-in name with very high seo potential!! Personally, I try to find the path of least resistance...

Scenario 1 (My real life job)

I run an ecommerce site that does approximately $100-120k per month between eBay and the website. I run about 12% bottom line profit margin after all is said and done... Not much when you consider I need to bank it for future growth each month and a single month profit is not enough to cover payroll for all staff!!

I have to keep 3 employees on staff full time, not including myself, to handle shipping, receiving, paperwork, accounting etc... A truck every year for parts running, a warehouse to store the products, etc etc... the list goes on and on.

Scenario 2 (My virtual real estate)

I have about 25 developed domains right now, 530 total names with 505 still in the pool of waiting to be developed!

I have all 25 of them on some sort of autopilot program. Whether that be WhyPark, Auction Ads, Blog, Build a Niche Store etc.

Right now... I am only making $500-$600 per month, but as I continue to push out new sites that number will grow accordingly. I budget myself 8-12 hours per site for the first 30 days, and 30 minutes per month beyond that...

The only expense, other than a dedicated server cost... is yearly domain renewal, and a college aged son always willing to provide niche content for $10.00. :)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom