Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed dnGeek.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tsokay. IF the "dn" series took off it would be in the top 40% of "dn" domains I see everyday. But if "dn" falls out of style (sorry dnforum), it may not be one of the few to survive (there you go dnforum).

I would value it at about reg fee, maybe just a little more.
I stared at dnOUtlet at the face for about 5 weeks in the deleted bin until someone reg;;ed it - if that's a rough indication of "dn" demand these days.

Others on this and "dn" in general?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hay TrafficMonster - lay off dnOutlet.com, that's me lady's site :)

Truth is I had it on my list to, and posted it here a few times to - but finally weakend and got it.

dnGeek - no idea about value but I like it. My new year's resalution is to work on dnGuru.com - but as TrafficMonster said DN is a weak prefix, but has potential.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have dnDisplay. I Will also work on it..

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There seem to be quite a lot of DN domains dropping

dngrabbers.com
dnhostages.com
dnfund.com (for stocdoctor)
dnholdings.com
dnmine.com
dnlien.com
dnsboxes.com
dnshack.com
dnshowroom.com
dntoday.com
dnvalues.com

Dot Coms Only

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One more to ad:

dnassistant.com

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think some "DN" prefix names are ok. I have "DnVault.com", a
place to keep all my precious domain names that no one knows
about.

I would have regged "DnGeeks.com", the plural version works,
could be used a geek forum.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
With all due respect to the principals here at DNForum, I, too, do not believe that "DN" is a very strong prefix or requirement within a domain name. I just see "name(s)", or domain(s), or domainname(s) as being so much more effective! Of course, that's just my opinion today. Sometimes I change my mind several times in a matter of hours! LOL. Merry and Good Luck.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon
.. I have "DnVault.com", a
place to keep all my precious domain names that no one knows
about....
A true sign of a domain hardcore... Registering a domain to keep precious links and other info that "no one knows about". I think that's remarkable. BUt since we now also know about it, do you have to move your precious domains to a new vault?

Cheers!

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
Hay TrafficMonster - lay off dnOutlet.com, ... posted it here a few times to - but finally weakend and got it.

LOL - I like how you put it... you "finally weakened and got it". It took a lot of discipline not to reg this one. I think I was gonig to reg it on a slow day when nothing good pops up but you certainly beat me to it -- I could tell there was interest from the Alexa ranking fluctuating. I am not exactly sure how Alexa rakings fluctuate on a site that is unregged but it does happen. I may be wrong about this, but I think Alexa picks up searches and related research even when done outside the "box". ANy insight?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DN is yet another prefix, and till now used by domainers mostly. I don't trust alexa as an indicator really, but even the typeins are next to zero on the FEW dn domains I own.

I like dn domains as potential sites more than domains actually, Traffic.com and Guru.com are over my budget so what's a few more letters between friends :)

Also, I'm sure DN will get more populat are more sites use it. That's a few years from now and no one knows what other nice prefixes will show up.

I think the reason so many nice dn prefix domains are droping is that they were all picked up 1 or 2 years ago, DN really had zero value back then as a prefix, now it's getting to be worth a bit less than regg fees - and I'm sure dnForum had a lot to do with this.

CoolHost - problem is that we all share your doubts about DN, - or all of us would have picked them up as soon as they droped, not wait months. I'm still a wishy washy kinda webmaster anyway so might change my mind to :)

Good luck domainAddict with dnDisplay.com - you never know with those DN prefixes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators