Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

DNJournal: Swiss ccTLD Hits #1 & .Info Sweeps New TLD Chart with 7 Four-Figure Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. For the first time a Swiss country code domain (.ch) has hit the #1 position on the Top Ten chart. The first six also include a .org and .info! .Info had still another big week, sweeping the New TLD chart with seven four-figure sales including one at $9,500 that landed the new extension on the big board again! Read all about it through the link below:

DNJournal.com Weekly Domain Sales Report

IWA Meetup

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great report again dukey! It is apparent that .COM seems to be weakening across the board even on stellar generic terms. The next big address for the coming years .INFO, is constantly bashing skeptics with regular 4 figure sales every week. hmmm, where's .BIZ? :-(

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for another excellent report Ron.

Three things stand out:

1) The #1 domain for the week: kreuzfahrten.ch -- $18,364
Clearly, the country codes continue to gain momentum.

2) The #6 domain for the week: vitamins.info -- $9,500
The .info extension continues to establish itself.

3) The misspelled domain from the “In the Pipeline” section:

Messanger.com -- $5,500!

Wow!

Another example of how misspellings of prominent words
can be quite valuable.

I did a Google search on “messanger” and it returned 264,000 results!

Good job Ron.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think CCTLDs are going to be the story of the next year or so. Most countries aren't as far ahead in terms of internet penetration - and certainly in terms of ebusiness/ecommerce penetration - as the US is, and in many countries the CCTLD is neck-and-neck with or ahead of .com, simply because companies would rather put money behind developing and marketing a superb CCTLD than a mediocre .com (all the good .coms having gone years ago)

Combine that with progressive deregulation and price cutting in market after market (e.g. .ie, .fr, .ca etc) and there's going to be a ton of action there sooner or later.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
I think CCTLDs are going to be the story of the next year or so.

I have to agree with win if you look at this issue from a developer's vantage point. The world is a big big place although the Internet makes it seem it is not. You can be a shrimp in an ocean, or a koi in a garden pool. Businesses are starting to understand they can't "rule the world" in this ultimately competitive, outsourcing age, but can sure as hell try to dominate their own back-yard. "Cruises".ch may have cost $18k, but a couple of local market signups for the round-the-world experience package will easily cover that cost off.

What will cruises.com cost? God knows...

In globalization, there is always surfer comfort in localization. Google long realised that a long time ago and the local targeting gears are already entrenched into their business model. I went to a few .de sites in the past month and I can empathise why it feels great to have a web-site welcome you in your native language.

The world does not revolve around English.

It will be interesting to see how .EU sites are developed in the coming years as multilingual platforms.

Catch-all .COM may have lead the Web as we know it, but localized search and local identity/accessibility will be the next story that ends dependence on that one .extension forever as the Internet continues its unabated evolution imho.

The Internet field of flowers is sprouting as more people around the world join in. Only this time, that field will be defined in many colors. ICANN saw to that, the many varied citizens of this world will see to that.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Duke,

great report as always!

However, :)

In the first paragraph it should say Switzerland not Swizterland and Kreuzfahrten, not Kreuzfarhten.

Best Regards
Nico

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicorlino said:
Hello Duke,

great report as always!

However, :)

In the first paragraph it should say Switzerland not Swizterland and Kreuzfahrten, not Kreuzfarhten.

Best Regards
Nico

Thanks Nico! Fixed those. After working on the column for several hours my minds turns into Swizt cheese! :)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
indeed excellent articles as usual.
Kreuzfahrten sounds to me like a cruise fart or cruise farting though :)

Regarding ccTLDs, I agree that they will grow dramatically, but.. .com will still be the #1 option assuming the company/individual that needs it can get a good deal.

Also important.
The world is becoming more and more 'internationalized', and that is, even local companies want to sell products all over the world, so that is a reason why I still think ccTLDs, although will exapnd, are not ideal in this international marketplace.
Just my opinion.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
The world is becoming more and more 'internationalized', and that is, even local companies want to sell products all over the world, so that is a reason why I still think ccTLDs, although will exapnd, are not ideal in this international marketplace.

I used to think like you, seek, until I studied Google's business model. I agree that .COM is a good catch-all extension, but as a developer, I am increasingly appreciating the tender finese of localization logic.

It's a big world, and there is enough for everyone if you know where to look, imho.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
shhhhh! mole, you'll awaken everyone!
:)

I agree, there is definately a growing market for ccTLDs. But in the end, I believe it is a long term investment, so If someone can wait, and I mean sit on their investments, yes, the direction is towards there.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
where's .BIZ

Right under your nose. Just remember not all sales are made public for everyone to see. Names trade hands daily and I have bought and sold names myself. It's kind of like a woman that is very sweet and innocent in public but a whore in the bedroom. :cheesy:

We are moving from what I considered to be the .com (re-)acquisition phase. This lasted throughout the last two years where the best keywords in niche markets with mostly any decent overture score were eaten up by certain people and cayman trust type entitites who are betting on future returns from the real estate as the internet community grows. The few good names that may come available are way out of price so if you didn't get on the train two years ago or more then it already left the station and you're going to have to pay extra to ride the caboose (Pool). The new destination is expanding TLDs where people are locking down the best generic keywords at what would have been considered a reasonable price for a .com two years ago.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
It's kind of like a woman that is very sweet and innocent in public but a whore in the bedroom. :cheesy:

:cheesy:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
????????
what on Earth?
LOL!
How did you get that quote that I never made?
Please quote the correct 'quotes' made by each person.

I need a beer :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
I need a beer :)

hmm, seems like you already had one too many LOL

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:-D

Hey Duke, thanks for the you - know - what.

Dont want to be too specific here, you and I know... the bandwagon isnt issuing free tickets.

:eek:k:

Your a good guy.

enjoy the weekend,

MH

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom