Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Does anyone use Moniker hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my guess is someone does :pound:

not me :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support is horrible. Move your domain out ASAP.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
way ahead of you :pound: i'll leave the door open :yo:

Starting moving out 6 months ago and only have a handful of names left to move.

I wish Fabulous had lower pricing otherwise I would have moved to them. I have settled for the next best thing I believe.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What is the next best thing, Doug? If I had to guess, I'd say Name.com

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the 3rd best thing then :) I moved a lot to GD. Other than a couple issues with support emails, I have not had any issues with phone support the two times I have have to call over the last year.

electronic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I just bought a domain at Moniker and I thought about leaving it there. Is their hosting any good?"

I have not used Moniker's website hosting, but, over a few years and using several different domains, I have tried to use their e-mail forwarding, and I found it to be unreliable, in that incoming e-mail is often either slow to be delivered or not delivered at all. Sometimes it would work fine, and then I would realize I was not getting all e-mails sent to me. The service is free but I stopped using it.

drumbum

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ok, I'm going to move it. I'm thinking of HostGator temporarily. Reviews seem to be good on the net (with the exception of a few customer support issues here and there). I don't need anything robust right now as we're not ready to fully develop yet. I'm already at Verio and GD. Looking to spread out IP's.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Typically you shouldn't buy domains from hosting companies, or hosting from domain companies.

drumbum

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Typically you shouldn't buy domains from hosting companies, or hosting from domain companies.
Well it was already living there. I bought it from another party.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Buyer beware... Moniker's customer service was about as bad as it gets. I called several times during normal business hours. I could not get through. I even left a message for someone to call me. I never received a phone call.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Drumbum - Moniker doesn't offer hosting however I do have alot of friends in the hosting space. If you are in need of a referral, holla.

Everyone else - I'm sorry for the issues you've been encountering with support. If anyone needs any assistance, feel free to contact me directly.

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker hosting not worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom