Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domain name monitoring software like expirefish, snapnames

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeroenp

I am looking for domain name monitoring scripts
that will monitor any domain name and check every second and when it's available it should register it
i found today a domain name worth buying so i tryed expirefish
but like always: another user is monitoring the domain already

Contact me jeroenp@pandora.be with any offers proposals or post a message here

Domain summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am also interested. If anyone has a script similar to SnapNames, Namewinner, ect ect. Please do not hesitate to email me:

Michael@i-Hosted.com

Keep in mind that these guys are hitting directly on the Registry using the Registrar - Registry protocol and deals they have made with their partners. They are not using a whois server somewhere - which will not be accurate.

-t

Witt is right - the script is the easy part in the name-grabbing equation. Registrar bandwidth is why some namegrabbers suceed an others don't. Snap is connected to several registrars, Namewinner is connected to a couple: both are able to acquire deleting domains much more consistantly than someone like Expirefish, who apparently is a few levels removed from an actual registrar.

Of course, a private individual with a connection to the SRS using every available thread to seek one expiring domain is going to beat a company seeking to acquire thousands of names for their clients. . .

M

mike

Grabby,
So are you like saying one can increase their chances of a successful snap by using a small SRS registrar rather than a big registrar because the small registrar will most likely get around to doing your snap before a big registrar would?

Also, Maybe one of you can answer this question I have on the upcoming WLS.

What is going to happen when they implement the WLS, will the "game" shift to "snapping" the waiting list position for a name?

NameWinner was reg' through Dotster
NameWinner Servers: NameResolve
NameWinner Network Backbone : EXODUS

Exodus was reg' through NSI
Exodus servers: THEIR OWN EXODUS network backbone

Dotster is reg'd through Dotster Registrar
Dotster Network backbone/servers: the EXODUS NETWORK..

M

mike

Wanda, Are you saying Dotster has a more direct connection than Namewinner and therefore one would have a better shot trying to snap a name thru Dotster rather than Namewinner?

What about that Witty and Grabby, is she right? What other SRS registrars are good and cheap for snapping names?

well.. i dunno mike... i'm just laying some hard cold facts on the table. it's worthy of opinions of others.. regarding their network backbone history / connections & integration.

Originally posted by mike
Wanda, Are you saying Dotster has a more direct connection than Namewinner and therefore one would have a better shot trying to snap a name thru Dotster rather than Namewinner?

What about that Witty and Grabby, is she right? What other SRS registrars are good and cheap for snapping names?

info on NameResolve.com

Domain Name: NAMERESOLVE.COM
Registrar: DOTSTER, INC.
Whois Server: whois.dotster.com
Referral URL: http://www.dotster.com/help/whois
Name Server: NS1.DOTSTER.COM
Name Server: NS2.DOTSTER.COM
Updated Date: 05-nov-2001

This giant all leads to Dotster/Exodus

To clear up some things:

Looking at where business names (like snapnames.com at Register.com) are registered is not an effective way to determine business relationship among expiring names players. You can, however, watch where names Snap/NW/Exp Fish et al grab for clients end up registered at to determine who has what resources.

Namewinner is Dotster; I know that Dotster also partners (or at least partnered?) with Registration Technologies to grab names for NameWinner customers.

SnapNames is partnered with VeriSign, Namescout, Domainpeople, and several others I think.

I don't know who Expirefish is associated with, but in looking at their success rate, I don't think they actually have any SRS connections to seek names.

Each accredited registrar is allocated a certain amount of their connection to the registry to use (if they wish) for seeking deleting domain names. Small and large registrars have the same amount of bandwidth that they are allowed to use for this, so registrar size does not matter. If you are tying to grab names manually, however, the speed at which a particular rar actually submits your request will make a difference.

The goal of gaining of these registry connections would be to increase the ping rate a Snap/NW type service could apply to a single name. The faster the rate, the greater the chances that a name will be acquired by the seeker.

It would seem like the equation to determine ping rate would be something like this (and I'm sure this discounts all kinds of variables I don't know about):

SS = script speed: the software being used to send requests
BW= bandwidth: the amount of registry connections a seeker has
NN= number of names going after in that particular drop

SS x BW
---------- = Ping rate
NS

Someone who knows more about the mechanics involved could probably help out with the relative importance of SS v BW, but I would guess that the above is pretty accurate.

I'm sure theres folks out there smarter than you and me making plans re how to game the system the get WLS slots. I don't know enough about the current WLS proposal to know if there are plans to prevent (or try to prevent, anyway) this sort of thing.

Originally posted by grabby
I'm sure theres folks out there smarter than you and me making plans re how to game the system the get WLS slots. I don't know enough about the current WLS proposal to know if there are plans to prevent (or try to prevent, anyway) this sort of thing.
The WLS does away with all of this. There will be no more competition over dropping names, as any WLS subscription will take prescedent over a drop - the name will NEVER drop once it has a WLS subscription on it, it will simply go to the subscriber when it expires and passes the mandatory grace period that ICANN is now trying to make mandatory as the first step.

-t

A WLS subscription will be 100% effective - going after drops will no longer be relevent. The new game will be acquiring the WLS position on a certain name before others can. Since all registrars will be given the opportunity to sell WLS positions, I'm sure that there will be game playing among them when trying to get the first WLS request in on a name that goes into the purge cycle.

H

hosting3.com

but how much will cost for end user to get a name? Much more I assume than right now..... Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom