Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Domain name value...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamtart

for a rather long (I know, long is bad) but unique name:

britishpremiersoccer.com

I started the site as a hobby teaching myself the html, javascript (sorry mac users, just don't know javascript well enough to fix the errors) and Adobe Photoshop in the process. Very basic in concept and format but it seems to be a popular tool.

Unfortunately I have had little time to give the site justice these past 4 or 5 months with other commitments thus my search engine/directory and marketing efforts and site updates have virtually gone out the window.

What i can tell you is right now it gets about 150,000 page views per week from about 10,000 unique users. I have had up to 250,000 page views from almost 20,000 unique users per week when I was active in submitting my site to various forums etc. and am fairly confident I could have had that up to 350,000/30,000 or thereabouts had I continued my efforts to date.

Most of the users can be grouped 3 categories, 40% mostly UK some Europe, 25% US (many of which are ex-pats from Britain), 20% Australia 10% Asia the remaining 5% Africa/South America.

I have had offers on both the domain name (and the counterpart britishpremierfootball.com which remains inactive) and am just not sure what the potential value may be in todays market, and also numerous advertising suggestions but most of those not surprisingly come from Sports Betting companies.

Thanks in advance for any input.

J

jamtart

means most here feel there is little value to the domain name then? I've had a 'professional' appraisal done and was surprised at what they thought. Just wanted to get some other opinions on the subject.

Cheers.

D

dkny

most people here will appraise only domain name itself because it's easier. now, your case is different. you need people to appraise your web site, not the name itself, which is very tricky and time consuming.

a ball park for that figure would be $10,000. the domain itself worth nothing, only the regular visitors and new potential visitors that may found you from other links or search engines that count.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About $1,000 USD

J

jamtart

for your responses. It certainly gives me some thinking to do i.e. is renewing my marketing efforts to increase the traffic back to where it was and (hopefully) upwards worth it or not, or do I just let the bane of my life (I love it, I really do...) fade away into oblivion :confused:

Cheers.

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Based on that traffic I would say between $1,500 and $3,500 U.S. Dollars.

However, keep up the traffic develoment while you look for a buyer. One of the big clubs or newspapers might be interested.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Websites are harder to put a price on.

With the traffic you are getting, your site should be worth $10k-$15k.

If you are serious about selling, you might want to MAKE time to devote to teh site for 1-2 months, get the traffic numbers back up, then offer it fo sale. The better your numbers, the better your price will be.

Best of luck.

-Bob

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bob.
Actually it is ALL that matters - traffic.
A name valuation is mostly based on future traffic potential, but many nice names have been eating the dust. People just don't know to put it into the machine.

If you managed to generate traffic with bad or average name, well, you made a very nice job. The name itself can't be appraised
anymore, but the whole work and actual value behind it.

Usually, developed site sells for about 2-3 years revenue it generates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom