Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain owner transfer - Netsol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a deal to buy some names from someone who has their registrations through Netsol.

For a change in domain ownership Netsol requires notorized signed forms from the current owner. I got this information from their site.

Is there an alternative to this? The additional expense for this is the difference beween a sale and no sale.

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

Initiate a domain transfer request from another registrar which will add an additional domain year
toward that domain with extra cost. Of course you have to inform the seller via email that you are doing so.
You can transfer via my enom reselling site => http://www.dreamname.com/main.htm :)

The additional expense for a notorized document will kill the deal? Go down to Town Hall and sign the document in front of the town notary public, then fax it to NetSol. How much can this cost?

-t

goh, why don't you let Zoobar answer the question, instead of presuming.

Perhaps he does not live in the US, but I don't know that by his post or his profile.

Have you asked NetSol what they accept for notarized documents from non-US domain holders?

Again, I'm honestly trying to understand the problem here, not simply trolling for business.

I could have suggested that he transfer the domain to my business as well, but I won't. That's tacky and does not help. If the cost of a fax is too high, certainly he's not willing to pay for the domain renewal.

-t

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt

Perhaps he does not live in the US.

I live in Canada, the seller in the U.S.
Some more facts to help claify the situation.

The domains would likely be appraised at reg fee in this forum but are worth something to me.
The names expired and are within the 40 day grace period for the owner to reregister.
The owner is going to let them drop and has no interest in running around to make a couple of dollars.
I'd rather grab the names now than wait years???/ever??? to snap them.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow Canadian,

That the name has expired makes things much more complicated:

1. NetSol does not follow any 40-day grace period rule. Very likely, the name would not be dropped for the next 3 months.

2. You canNOT initiate any registrar or ownership transfer, not even modifying the Admin Contact's phone number. The existing owner MUST first renew this domain with NetSol (by paying US$35 a year) before anything could be done.

I guess the best route for you to acquire this name is to:

a) Pay for the renewal for US$35 (NetSol does accept payment from anybody.)

b) Then initiate a registrar transfer to goh's dreamname.com or any other registrar that doesn't ask for notary. You'll have to pay for yet another year (this time most probably less than $10), and ask the seller to acknowledge your transfer request.

Now with about $45, you will get your "beloved" domain with an expiry due date 2 years from now.

Hope this helps :)

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Hi fellow Canadian,

Just the advice I was hoping to see. Thanks.

Originally posted by nameslave
Hi fellow Canadian,

1. NetSol does not follow any 40-day grace period rule. Very likely, the name would not be dropped for the next 3 months.

Hope this helps :)

Some NSI names are dropping between 30 to 40 days which are less than 3 months and of course some take yearS :laugh:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Waiting years to pick up other people's trash. :laugh:

This domain game is really gazooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators