Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Trader 2.5.1

phoenix88

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently started using Domain Trader. Im wondering if anyone has opinions about it. I ran into a few hitches with it and a few concerns. First i found out that it doesn't work under shared hosting, required to edit the httpd.conf file. Its either find a solution to edit that file,which would be impossible without a dedicated server, or find a hosting plan that runs on Plesk. Because of this hitch I have to look for another hosting plan and pay more for another subscription.
I have about 100 domains and want to monetize them, I am wondering if its feasible for me to do this. Is it worth it now?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently started using Domain Trader. Im wondering if anyone has opinions about it. I ran into a few hitches with it and a few concerns. First i found out that it doesn't work under shared hosting, required to edit the httpd.conf file. Its either find a solution to edit that file,which would be impossible without a dedicated server, or find a hosting plan that runs on Plesk. Because of this hitch I have to look for another hosting plan and pay more for another subscription.
I have about 100 domains and want to monetize them, I am wondering if its feasible for me to do this. Is it worth it now?

I suggest you use the established parking companies, or whypark.com or similar. If you do not have your onw feed you will not be able to make the same revenue like these companies will make for you. Or you develop the domains, but that takes alot of money and efforts.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest you use the established parking companies, or whypark.com or similar. If you do not have your onw feed you will not be able to make the same revenue like these companies will make for you. Or you develop the domains, but that takes alot of money and efforts.

What do you mean by "own feed" ?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
own feed -> xml feed from yahoo, google and/or some 2nd tier ad feeds.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to get the feed ? google / yahoo next to impossible, unless you have plenty of traffic. Second tier feeds not so difficult, but they normally only pay a few cents per click, but in some cases these few cents are more than what you might get on sedo for example.

Some of the 2nd tier feeds seem to work very well on ccTLDs.

Last edited:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So getting into parking is really a closed shop,how do you get the feeds ? do i have to apply for them ?

Thanks !

altos

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great questions, not to many good answers - so far. ;)

Actually I am just looking in this script as well. Parking companies that re there suck (everyone of them). I have over 200 domains and making pennies a month (combine). :)

So looking for alternative to monetize them better, before I sell them or develop them.

worldfog

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have domain trader v3.0 script and website with Developer Owned Unlimited Customized License demo: domaintrader.smartscriptsolutions.com/demo/3.0.test
If anyone interested PM me...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators