Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed DomainMafia.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oceanic

I thought I would make this a domain professional's association site.
(j/k!!)
Or a place to list your domains for sale for those of you who want a bit more exposure for their names.

It will be developed with a humorous tone of course!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, you hijacked doberry's name :D

O

Oceanic

Originally posted by mole
Hey, you hijacked doberry's name :D

Ugh!

Not lookng forward to Doberry's C&D letter ...(kneecap health risk)
BUt I did look for DNF TM's to no avail..

CHeers :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheers! :D Hope doo is in hibernation. Seems he has packed up for the winter in the last 24hrs. :)

O

Oceanic

Mole, I am very interested in your antispam campaign.
Is there a demo or beta version of spamcop ro something similar I can try before I buy?
Thx!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:upset:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nup ocean. Spamcop has been around for years. What I COULD vouch for is that if you let Spamcop filter your email, then you will see at least a 95% drop in your spam mail. It's dynamic blacklist is based on people like me that report spam the instant it hits the radar screen. After 3 days, that blacklist is refreshed with a new blacklist. So Spamcop is very current.

The net result is that I get very little spam when I boot my Outlook client. Everything is contained at the server level. Really boring actually. There is a function that you can use to report all spam that is held by spamcop at the server level.

I've been using Mailwasher for the past month now (to bounce whatever I can back) with 12 blacklists ( I report spam still via Spamcop), and most times, its Spamcop's blacklist that nails them dead.

Spamcop is, admittedly, not for the amateur user. But over time, you get better and better as you analyse how spamcop traces the source of spam. It's all about practice, and understanding how ips are masked and the tricks spammers play to hide their tracks. So you don't go accusing the wrong person.

Its like, as fizz mentioned, a game - with the end result of bringing your spam ratio down to its minimum. Qute fun actually.

You will need to try their $30/year flat rate email account to see what I mean. But I can safely guarantee that at least 80% of your spam email, you will never download again to your email client. It's all automatic.

The art of fighting spam is very interesting, and requires a holistic approach - and you need to formulate evolving strategies to outfox the spammer.

If you need assistance, just PM me.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oops, doo's back.

P

President Gringo

yahoo mail has its own filters in it too, with the facility to report spam. It sends all the spam to a certain folder incase you wish to check it over. Works pretty effective with me :)

P

President Gringo

btw, nice name :)

Dunno if its got much re-sale, but nice name to use to sell your domains :)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doobs is always here - hiding behind his cross :D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30

Gee...all this time you thought my "tommy gun" was a "cross"....

I thought I looked like like a mobster....now on second look, I'm seeing "father guido sarduchi"

:cry:

O

Oceanic

Originally posted by Ed30

Hahaha, I do not think Dobarry is interested in the domain name anyway.... (the .us is open)

I agree about resale with the previous poster. I thought it would be flavorful in listing domains FS.

Wasn't there another member who is a mafia domain collector? I need some advice re: graphics and motifs to use!

Thanks all!

O

Oceanic

Originally posted by doberry

Gee...all this time you thought my "tommy gun" was a "cross"....

I thought I looked like like a mobster....now on second look, I'm seeing "father guido sarduchi"

:cry:
Love your (his) accent!! Whatever happened to that guy?!! He was one of the funniest parodies I have ever seen!

PS I think Father Sarducci looked a bit thinner too.. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainMafia.com could be a very effective resale site. Your slogan could be - "Buy A Domain or We Will Kill You". It could be very effective in boosting sales. You might have to put out a few hits on recalcitrant customers, but eventually word will get around and no one will leave your sit empty handed. :)

O

Oceanic

Originally posted by Duke of Earl
DomainMafia.com could be a very effective resale site. Your slogan could be - "Buy A Domain or We Will Kill You".

Heh... I was thinking along the lines of:

"We offer full protection on all domains we sell"

FOr a slogan.

Or "Avoid price wars. Buy from the domain godfather."

This is going to be big I can just see it. :)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Slightly cooler than domainposse.com

O

Oceanic

RJ, I think DOmainPosse is a bit more inconspicuous.

Also RJ, I am curious, did you have to pay full Avatar DNF price to don the Santa attire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators