Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domainsville.com Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainsville.com Launched a week ago, haven't seen any posts on it yet here on DNF.

It is a domain industry blog and news aggregator with many new and different features than other domain industry news aggregators. I did a review on Domainsville here. I think it's worth checking out.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's just a pretty aggregator.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that aesthetically it's quite nice but I would say it's more than just another aggregator. The aggregator itself has been developed to include a wide variety of domain industry resources and blogs (in addition to the most popular domain blogs). On the homepage, the sidebar widgets are customizable and contain some really great industry info (promo codes, upcoming events, etc). There is also a very comprehensive directory and an active blog. Domainsville is still in BETA and Abdu (founder of Domainsville) has told me personally that there are more features/additions coming soon as well.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Having options is nice. Still, Domaining.com commands 99% of aggregator traffic. Francois is the Bill Gates of domaining. :D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having options is nice. Still, Domaining.com commands 99% of aggregator traffic. Francois is the Bill Gates of domaining. :D

yes, having other options is very nice

especially for those that don't want to be, beholding nobody's domaining nuts

and if you hadn't sold dngator, maybe, just maybe ....

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Funny, you just now remembered DNGator? :D I don't recall such support when I launched it a few years ago.
Yes, it was better, faster and leaner than Domaining.com and I sold it because there was no way to compete with Francois' traffic.
In the same manner that Namebee is a good alternative, Domainsville will also be an option.
That's why people use Windows and those that b*tch use a mac as their punishment :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I go by Alexa numbers; for a large number of visitors it's accurate.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I go by Alexa numbers; for a large number of visitors it's accurate.

Right, I see that now. Never checked the Alexa. Contrarily Alexa shows his traffic is actually up over past 12-mos not way down.

There is a huge disparity in this case between Compete and Alexa. Makes me wonder how such a difference is possible if both services are to be taken seriously? One of them is obviously dramatically wrong.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny, you just now remembered DNGator? :D I don't recall such support when I launched it a few years ago.
Yes, it was better, faster and leaner than Domaining.com and I sold it because there was no way to compete with Francois' traffic.
In the same manner that Namebee is a good alternative, Domainsville will also be an option.
That's why people use Windows and those that b*tch use a mac as their punishment :D

lol

what a short memory

http://www.dnforum.com/f60/dngator-domain-news-aggregator-launches-public-beta-thread-349286.html

http://www.dnforum.com/f60/dngator-...-radio-program-thread-351258.html#post1651589

http://www.dnforum.com/f60/domaining-com-acquires-dngator-com-3-thread-374378.html#post1736439

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So what is your point Don? That I should not have made money out of my creation and investment? It was built, then sold. Does it matter if I sold it to the competition? If you don't like Francois, that's your problem, not mine.

Regarding Domainsville - as I already said, it's good to have options. But I would not blame the guy if he sold (to Domaining or whoever else).

I can launch an aggregator tomorrow if I wanted to. What good would that be?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what is your point Don? That I should not have made money out of my creation and investment? It was built, then sold. Does it matter if I sold it to the competition? If you don't like Francois, that's your problem, not mine.

Regarding Domainsville - as I already said, it's good to have options. But I would not blame the guy if he sold (to Domaining or whoever else).

I can launch an aggregator tomorrow if I wanted to. What good would that be?

if you sold because you couldn't compete, then how was he ever your competition?

maybe you gave up too soon?

who you sell to, who you promote and what you can build, is all cool with me

but please don't claim to know who i like or don't like personally

cause i've had personal convo with dude, in an effort to assist

however, my point is about options and what is free

and yours is about money....

this time

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think what you're saying and what I'm saying are two different things.
I sold at the point where I had the opportunity to sell: being an obvious threat to a monopoly was good enough.

Glad to see that you liked DNGator back in the day, however please don't be pedantic with "what if's".
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators