Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed eAffordable.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eAffordable.com

I have numerous ideas about content for this. Any ideas on it's base worth or developed worth? Best thing I can muster for general content is affordable products online, found online, made for online (software, etc), etc. I'm open to ideas and suggestions, so feel free to give me your opinion. Thanks.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
e is a nice and common prefixes. I'd check the number of type-ins before investing time in developing it - but it's also an easy domain to promote. I'd recomend you develop it slowely at first (to test the waters) then take it from there.

e-this e-that ......"e" so "passe"
most people heard that and want to run the other way...
perhaps 8 years ago...
$4.95

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Giovanni
e-this e-that ......"e" so "passe"
most people heard that and want to run the other way...
perhaps 8 years ago...
$4.95
I share this point of view.

M

Mik

E stands for Electronic, I would think by now most people offline even if they aren't that web savvy will know that. especially when they have things like email ecommerce etc thrust on them and the "electronic environment". So while efish, enames, epsychosis, ehouse etc might make sense I can not see any sense in eaffordable, Electronic affordable? what's that? but if you have a good plan for it then develop it and it may be a huge success and you can profit from it then more power to you.

But from a pure name standpoint I do not see the logic in the name nor any witty double meaning, it just looks like the standard enom return when you tell it to pick x other names and the e*name and i*name variants are shown even though they make no sense.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
e or i prefixes often sound like that you couldn't get the generic name and had to settle for second best. It used to be "okay" in the old days when the e and i hype was at its peak.

Today only e-commerce and e-business hacks it IMHO.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually e in front of a generic word is very well established to mean the delivery of a product or service "eletronically" over the internet. It is far from a passing fad.

The oldest and best example is email. Other examples are ecommerce and the well known brand ebay.

As for eAffordable.com I can see a site dedicated to "value" "bargain" "budget" "thirft" product or services for price sensitive shoppers.

An online thirft store?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think e is still quite acceptable but only if used with a very narrowly defined group of words - as FineE pointed out - primarily those having to do with electronic connotations. To me eAfffordable makes no sense. eSoftware does. Randomly throwing an i or e in front of anything is definitely out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom