Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Easiest most flexible CMS to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djriel

Build Cool Things
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain summit 2024

WebsiteTraders.Com

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the problem with Xsite pro is that all its members can use the same templates? anyone knows if they offer unique templates or any other cms better than Xsite pro for affiliate marketers?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been working this prerty hard but found a template I thougfht you would like, check our http://www.calgaryrestaurants.ca/ , I want to know if their are custome niche templates like this that anuyone elese has seen for wordpress.

Nice city site for sure.

I'll post some super premium hot examples at they get close to finish, but I definitely found a great soluition.

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam....

you wanting to make this a wordpress theme for city portal sites?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, I want to mass produce city sites using wordpress but be able to do geo domains like this for a variety of topics.

examples:

seattlerestaurants.com
bostonrestaurants.com

and so on, all sharing the same template but holding local listings.

Wordpress is the way to go here I am just trying to find a good template similar to calgaryrestaurants.ca for multiple puposes.

-=DCG=-

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks clean and nice.
Looking forward to your "super premium hot examples" :D

I have been working this prerty hard but found a template I thougfht you would like, check our http://www.calgaryrestaurants.ca/ , I want to know if their are custome niche templates like this that anuyone elese has seen for wordpress.

Nice city site for sure.

I'll post some super premium hot examples at they get close to finish, but I definitely found a great soluition.

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, I want to mass produce vity sites using wordpress but be able to do geo domains like this for a variety of topics.

examples:

seattlerestaurants.com
bostonrestaurants.com

and so on, all sharing the same template but holding local listings.

Wordpress is the way to go here I am just trying to find a good template similar to calgaryrestaurants.ca for multiple puposes.

-=DCG=-

why dont u just create one!..:)

let me know....

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Nice city site for sure.

-=DCG=-

I am looking for a similar solution.

The Calgary site is the best geo site I have ever seen. Extremely well done with lots of content, features and great looking too.

Anyone know how they did it or can find out how?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i will have one of my designers take a look at it....and make it into a wordpress template.....will be a premium template....:)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i will have one of my designers take a look at it....and make it into a wordpress template.....will be a premium template....:)

I believe Wordpress would be for DCG's needs. I don't use Wordpress so I need an html solution.

Anyway, it's not just the template value but mostly the site itself and all the great features, content, and dynamic stuff. As far as I am concerned the template is the least important item but it may be more important to others.

Maybe DCG could comment on this?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Nice city site for sure.

-=DCG=-

Yes, I definitely agree. The only thing I don't like is that all the context is below the fold.

DomainManMike

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Drupal is what I recommend. Its multi-site setup is unbeatable!

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still think Wordpress is a great solution.

But I've been experimenting with XSitePro2 and it's pretty nice for Affiliate Marketing.

But the majority of my future sites will be Wordpress using Semiologic Pro.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing with existing CMS applications (most, if not all) is that they are geared to run on one site at a time. This makes it time consuming for domainers that want to build and run hundreds or thousands of sites.

We're planning to build a CMS solution around the existing Domainer Script model. So from within the DS interface you can create content sites for any of your domains already added in the system. Immediately start with a preset template and build it up to any size of site.

This thread is great for our research. Any further input or features you'd like to see in a CMS geared toward domainers, let me know either by posting or pm'ing me.

Regards,
Tom

P.S. Look forward to our 1.2 press-release on Tues. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe Wordpress would be for DCG's needs. I don't use Wordpress so I need an html solution.

Anyway, it's not just the template value but mostly the site itself and all the great features, content, and dynamic stuff. As far as I am concerned the template is the least important item but it may be more important to others.

Maybe DCG could comment on this?

since u dont use wordpress...then u are unaware of all the plugins/features that it has to offer to make the site as functional...if not better....than the site DCG is looking to mimic.....so in the case of wordpress.....that is the easy part...getting the exact template if it doesnt exist already....is the hard part.....that is why i am offering to create this template in a fully functional wordpress template....:)

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can deploy a ready-to-go Wordpress copy of your basic website with a plugin and a click.

You can enter all of your posts in Wordpress from a central website and copy it to other sites on your network with one click.

Wordpress and its plugins are pretty darned good. But you do have to marry it to really learn all of the built in functionality and determine which third party applications work best for your sites.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Figured I would resurrect this thread since I started it.

I have just now started building out sites with Wordpress and plan on developing out about 6000 .ca's first.

Here are a few examples of what you can do with Wordpress.

http://www.girls.ca
http://www.dentures.ca
http://www.bookreports.ca
http://www.salads.ca
http://www.cages.ca

The key is to build the sites, and then replace front content with new real content that you write, haven't done that part yet. I have content writers writing them now.

Selecting the right plugins is also key.

I will also be rotating between about 50 templates versions on all the sites.

-=DCG=-

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I added two more today,

lighthouses.ca and bodylanguage.com

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators