Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Easyspace refuses to refund unsucessful lr2 applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what I should do? The sent me an email telling me how to recieve my refund. I followed all the steps (they made it as difficult as possbile) but they only refunded $34.00 of the more than $600 that they took from me. Any idea what I should do?

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're sure you did everything right, write back to them and let them know what the problem is. If you can, get someone on the phone.

If all else fails, contact the Better Business Bureau... but try to work it out with Easyspace first.

Why $34? That seems like a strange amount out of $600.

Write to them, and then consider writing to the UK Department of Fair Trading since they are a UK company.

Quite frankly I wouldnt ever use Easyspace again, they are so expensive, and they charge for changing nameservers etc, also their customer support really sucks, best to go with somone like godaddy.

Alicia

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They owe me $600 and show a credit of $34 on my account. I do have it in writing (e-mail) that they will issue full refund, so we need to pursue. I sent them an e-mail today. If they respond favorably soon, I'll let you know. If not, then we can up the ante through credit card charge-back or other measures. I am not going to get too uppity right away because I appreciate their having registered a good name for me in LR2... but ...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase They owe me $600 and show a credit of $34 on my account. I do have it in writing (e-mail) that they will issue full refund, so we need to pursue. I sent them an e-mail today. If they respond favorably soon, I'll let you know. If not, then we can up the ante through credit card charge-back or other measures. I am not going to get too uppity right away because I appreciate their having registered a good name for me in LR2... but ...

I have been warning members here in several old posts not to do any business with EasySpace for ages, so I am not at all surprised about the .info LR2 name problems.

As mentioned several times, I had extremely unpleasant experiences with this firm (long before .info LR2), including excessive fees and costs for changes normally done free by others, hidden charges and amazingly poor cust service. Others here have also said negatives about this UK firm. Don't expect any refunds from them

I would rather let my names reg'd there expire than do more business with them, which I am now doing, all names there have expired or will soon, even some good ones!

It's almost impossible to transfer any names held there to OpenSRS as EasySpace makes it very complex and expensive, charging high fees for transfers and lots of effort. Their customer support also sucks big time :mad: about equal to the cust service received from Afternic - the worst of the worst.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Anion
Anyone have any idea what I should do? The sent me an email telling me how to recieve my refund. I followed all the steps (they made it as difficult as possbile) but they only refunded $34.00 of the more than $600 that they took from me. Any idea what I should do?

This is rather odd, but it did wind up working.

1. Logged on to my EasySpace account.

2. Clicked on my first name (not one involved in LR2).

3. It showed -$34 (a $34 credit). This is not full amount due me.

4. I clicked on order (although I had not ordered anything).

5. It processed refund.

6. I went back to the same name, and a second refund for a different amount appeared!

7. Again I clicked on order and processed that refund.

8. Went back and a third amount refund appeared.

9. Did that one.

10. The total of the three refunds actually equals the total amount due to me from EasySpace... so it did work... but I sure can't figure out the reasoning behind the three transactions!

Let me know if this works for you! ... the internet can be an odd place.

play

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also had two lr2 options with them, of which none were assigned to me.

In regard to the refunds feature.
I think they have the best refund feature of all registrars that I know of. It works as a self refund, Just follow the instructions refund yourself in about 3 steps, wait 2 or 3 days and your money will show up credited on your creditcard.

You have to follow the procedure for each domain once at a time.

Power to easyspace for that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom