Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ebay and CJ Parting Ways? BANS Store Script Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, there have been a few things happening with Ebay and Commission Junction I guess. I have 7 Build A Niche Stores that provide $300-$500/month in passive income at CJ right now and I just received the email below this morning! I wonder how much work it will take to update the stores.
Dear Matt XXXXXXXX:
We are excited to announce eBay’s new global affiliate platform: the eBay Partner Network.

The new platform will go live on April 1st, 2008 PST, at which point eBay will no longer be running its affiliate program through Commission Junction. Beginning April 1st, affiliates should register with eBay Partner Network and migrate their links from CJ to the new platform.

While CJ and ValueClick have been valuable partners to eBay throughout the years, we’ve decided to give our affiliate community a customized experience for eBay affiliates.

All the great tools and benefits of working with the eBay program will remain the same – access to the Editor Kit and affiliate API, the flexible destination tool, the great payout structure. In addition, the eBay partner network will provide several new features:
• Easy global registration to multiple countries simultaneously
• New, targeted banners and rich media creatives
• New landing page optimization and geo-targeting capabilities
• More detailed reporting capabilities for eBay’s programs

The eBay Partner Network and Commission Junction will run in parallel for one month through this process, so please plan to complete your migration by May 1st, 2008.

You can receive an additional 5% bonus for all traffic tracked through eBay Partner Network in April 2008 (bonus applicable to traffic sent to Half.com and US, UK, Australia, Canada, Italy, India and Spain eBay sites). The sooner you migrate, the more you’ll earn! Just:
• Register with eBay Partner Network on April 1, 2008
• Confirm your registration, and obtain your new identifiers
• Update your links with your new identifiers.
• Reminder: Please plan to complete migration by May 1, 2008.

You will receive more information and step by step directions for the transition on April 1st. A special help desk to answer your questions about migration will also be available starting April 1st. You can find more details, including a list of programs that will be affected, at http://affiliates.ebay.com.

Thanks for being a valued partner. We’re excited for a successful transition, and the opportunity to grow your business through even more innovations, information and communication moving forward!

Sincerely,

eBay’s Affiliates ManagersAlso, Build a Niche Store just updated to 3.0 and the new features/fixes are great!

Domain summit 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
April Fools Joke? Would they dare?

I hope this isn't true..

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No joke (Although it is funny that its on April 1st!). Kinda sux. I'm looking at some work to make this all fit and not lose any income. I wonder what the fix is. I haven't looked yet but I will get into it tonight and see what needs to be done.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bans is working on the fix already...they new about the changeover weeks ago and will have a update shortly to be ready.

I am excited about this, I like dealing with companies directly plus the 5% increase in commission is nice too.

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah the extra 5% for the month is nice. There were a lot of complaints that CJ wasn't tracking correctly so maybe I'll see an increase!
Have you tried out bans 3.0 yet? I haven't built a new 3.0 store but I hear its pretty nice.

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BANS 3 is nice - but I am still wary from all the 302 references in the logs, due to the link cloaking.

302's themselves arent that bad, but with that many, I fear it may look too much like blackhat.

Mark

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not sure if you got this yet
Dear James ,

We are excited to announce that eBay’s new global affiliate platform, the eBay Partner Network, is now live and ready for registration, beginning today April 1st – so register now and start migrating your links from CJ to the new platform!

During April 2008, you can receive an additional 5% bonus for all traffic tracked through eBay Partner Network in April 2008 (bonus applicable to traffic sent to Half.com and US, UK, Australia, Canada, Italy, India and Spain eBay sites). The sooner you migrate, the more you’ll earn! Just:
• Register at https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com and confirm your registration via an e-mail you will receive
• Obtain your new links in the “tools” tab, then update your eBay links on your websites with the new code. See our migration guide for more details: http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.com/english/ebay-partner-network-migration-guide/
• Enter your payment and tax information in the “accounts” tab

You will continue to have access to your Commission Junction account immediately post launch. However, please plan to complete your migration to the eBay Partner Network by May 1st, 2008 as we anticipate access to parallel reporting to discontinue shortly thereafter.

The team is also introducing two new ways to help us stay in better touch with you:

• Our new eBay Partner Network Blog (http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.com/): The new blog will be the place to go to get the latest news and information about the program.

• New Discussion Boards (http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=1000000047): We are also launching a new community board for our new platform, where you can ask questions and help each other grow. Please check it out!

The new eBay Partner Network has an expanded set of banners, tools, and creatives. These include a new set of geographically targeted banner ads that will send your global traffic to the right global eBay sites around the world and can in many cases improve your conversion rates. Check out the “tools” tab in eBay Partner Network.

Questions?
• Take a look at our cool new video tutorials for help! http://eyeview.vo.llnwd.net/o23/eBay/FullMode/Player/Player.html?Video=1&Lang=EN.
• Check out the latest post on our blog on how to get started step-by-step on eBay Partner Network: http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.com/english/getting-started/
• Or visit the HELP section of eBay Partner Network, where there are links in each topic where you can ask questions to our dedicated support team.

Thanks for being a valued partner. We’re excited for a successful transition, and the opportunity to grow your business through even more innovation, information and communication moving forward!

Sincerely,

eBay’s Affiliates Managers

---------------------------------------
This message was sent by an advertiser in the Commission Junction network
based on the mail settings selected in your account. Commission Junction
does not send messages to individuals outside of its network and guards
the privacy of all information received. To unsubscribe from receiving
this type of message, login at
https://members.cj.com/member/foundation/login.jsp or visit www.cj.com to
sign in. Once in the Account Manager, navigate to the mail settings page
located within the MAIL tab. You may opt-out of receiving messages from
this specific advertiser through their advertiser detail page.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, now that CJ is out I bought BANS. I can't figure out how to install my header image and all the docs are on a forum I don't have a login for.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The link to join the forum is on the registration.txt file in the main zip. I think you just go to the link and create a account.

Thanks I didn't catch that.

I got hit with the bug where my Ebay Campaign Id kept changing to 2147483647. I didn't find out until I didn't see any traffic being logged at Ebay. If someone has 2147483647 Ebay Campaign Id they will get a boost this month.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks I didn't catch that.

I got hit with the bug where my Ebay Campaign Id kept changing to 2147483647. I didn't find out until I didn't see any traffic being logged at Ebay. If someone has 2147483647 Ebay Campaign Id they will get a boost this month.

There is and update for this, I had the same problem....

index

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The whole matter between CJ and eBay has been dragging on for a while. People were complaining about numbers of things like CJ tracking, slow loading, response times, outages etc. So eBay just decided to move the business under the same roof and thus gain the total control.
Yeah, I don't feel like rebuilding all those links either but if we want to keep that additional income we'll just have to do it.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did great with ebay when it was cj, now that it is ebay, I have made nothing, shows traffic but no cash! I changed all my links.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did great with ebay when it was cj, now that it is ebay, I have made nothing, shows traffic but no cash! I changed all my links.

Maybe ebay paid me your money
I got no traffic at all and they have already paid me

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is this going under the new Ebay network for all you BANS longer term users?

I looked at using BANS under CJ but quickly stopped when I saw the cookie was going from 45 days on CJ to 7 days on EPN.

This might seem trivial to new affiliates but it is actually a MASSIVE blow to the program. Just curious if anyone is doing as well now as they were under the CJ program.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im a lil confused......i still have my ebay affiliate shops under cj.com...and still making sales?.....is this not supposed to be??

what do i need to do?

thanks
tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators