Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Favorite Web Hosting company

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally I use HostGator for all my web hosting needs now, they have the best customer service out there 24/7. What do you currently use for web hosting?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of HostGator as well.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Hostgator as well for one site and Inmotionhosting for another. Inmotionhosting is great as well, but their customer support really sucks. I had an issue with my hosting account and the person I talked to at support had absolutely no clue what to do, I ended up finding the solution to the problem myself.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to go professional, Liquidweb / StormonDemand.

euphoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any time I've had an issue, and I've had a lot whether it be my website not showing up or an error in my html code, HostGator customer support fixed the problem on live chat within 20 minutes every time. I also like how easy it is to set up WordPress on my hostgator account.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was with HG for several years. Customer service on the phone is horrendous and major attitudes...as if you are bothering them.

Recently moved everything to LunarPages.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afre using several webhosts over the years I can say Hostgator is easily the best with a nice combination of good prices, products, affiliate program, excellent video tutorials covering most all subjects, and very strong support by phone, live chat, or a fast response easy to use ticket system, 24X7.

Last edited:

euphoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, anyone starting out in the domain business should consider hosting with HostGator. They do have very helpful video tutorials and there cPanel is easy to use.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have experience with hostforweb (VPS), hostmonster, justhost and they are good.

Blog designer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hostgator? Jam your online traffic and affect your online business invisibly. Cheap is not the same as high quality at a little higher price. You pay what you get. You want fast food that's cheap and make your body sick easily too? Go to....you know where! You want quality and security on the Net. Go to a quality and higher price provider. Of course, one can still eat the cheap fast food for a while before being suffocated. See the analogy? Think twice or more.

Blog designer

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hostgator? Jam your online traffic and affect your online business invisibly. Cheap is not the same as high quality at a little higher price. You pay what you get. You want fast food that's cheap and make your body sick easily too? Go to....you know where! You want quality and security on the Net. Go to a quality and higher price provider. Of course, one can still eat the cheap fast food for a while before being suffocated. See the analogy? Think twice or more.

Blog designer

So, you host with?

Blog designer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use runwebhosting.com You make your own decision. Don't blame me if you don't like that quality hosting :)

Blog designer

euphoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That website looks like its from the 90's or something, honestly I'd have a hard time trusting them over HostGator, just my opinion.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Currently have my own T1s. 2 single, 1 bonded. So much easier all around. However, I've been playing with slicehost & looking at linode's vps solutions recently, definitely looks like I might start moving more in that direction, at least for failover purposes.

Blog designer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Euphoria,

How long have you been in online business and/or trying out different webhosting providers to say that? Doing business is not by aesthetic look of the site or the shop's front door but the real quality performance unless one is in cosmetic/beauty business :) Many fast food restaurants look "beautiful" and nice to eat inside, eh?

Blog designer

Blog designer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try something without breaking your arms and legs, then. Good night.

Blog designer

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait until you have a real issue involving the money side of things and then call HostGator's customer service.

Good luck with that.

Reaction score
Anyone serious in this business should have their own dedicated server(s) and not be hosted on these bargain bucket insecure mass servers. Mine are housed with dedicatednow. Happy with their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators