Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed First request for appraisal

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mik

Vapotech.com

I know I know it's not the best name in the world.
Basically for a tech site. Anyone see any value in it before I start programming?

Vapotech.com

Oh yeah it used to be a domain redirecting to vriptech.com a few years ago, still has a few links from some sites. Placeholder at the moment so no idea on type-ins my estimate would be 0 but you never know it could be a million for all I know :D

So how much is this old bong manufacturer site worth before I start writing up reviews and interviews?

candidate for the ctorage.com award (previously known as the miau miau glou glou)
Congrats.
I love the type in estimate from zero to 1 million...

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seller of vapourware?
No product, no resale value.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
candidate for the ctorage.com award (previously known as the miau miau glou glou)

Don,

Your sarcasm and your smart ass remarks aren't appreciated. I
notice you have bashed almost every new thread in this category
(appraisals).

If you can't give a fair appraisal, then don't post here.

Judging by your "expert appraisals" you seem to possess superb
domain knowledge :laugh: . Why don't you post some of your
great domains so we can determine their value?

Try to be a bit more constructive and less of a smart ass. Kid.

See-ya
Luc L.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainRetriever

Don,

Your sarcasm and your smart ass remarks aren't appreciated.

I will second that. No need to make yourself out to be another smart-ass "expert" domain name appraiser.

One other thing. Don't take appraisals on here at face value. Sure we can tell if your domains are worth the reg fee, but in all honesty, it's up to you what your domain will be worth--Either build it, or Pimp it. Too many times I see people buying names because they think they will generate instant wealth. Unfortunately unless you really get a "for sure" domain in the gambling or sex industry, nothing is guaranteed.

You could have a pretty mediocre domain that we grade as a "D minus", but a company who is just starting up and looking for a specific domain may think your name is an "A plus". For example. I sold a domain two year ago for what I thought was worth $25. A canadian company wanting to break into the US market bought it from me for $5k. True story. The name in question already expired on NetSol (they didn't know that), however because my details were still connected with the name, I was able to bring it back "alive"----I kept thinking the whole time getting into my old account...."this had better work...someone wants to pay $5K for a domain I let expire". Thankfully NetSol will still take your money if the name is expired and is still under YOUR name and account.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

It's kind of like "one man's junk is another man's treasure".

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very true, Izopod. several years ago, some guy came into the chatroom at GreatDomains saying he had just registered a domain called GameCube.com. We laughed at him and told him it was worthless. Then, about 6 months later, Nintendo decided to call their new video game console Gamecube, and we weren't laughing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators