Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed GamesConsole.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any views on what they might be worth?

GamesConsole.com
GamesConsole.co.uk

Good for online games stores!!

786110.com

Any moslems out there? This is a significant number for the Moslem community.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what is the importance of that number to a Muslim?

786110 - I dont have the info on me right now but a moslem friend gave me the information. It translates to something along the lines of "In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind "

A lot of moslems incorporate this number into their email addresses, etc etc for example

Islamic Education Library, http://786110.cjb.net, A website on Islamic ClipArt’s, English

MrMcauber

I looked up 786110 on Google and it got 182 hits. I also looked it up on Overture and it got 0 hits. I like GamesConsole.com but I think the singular would be better, GameConsole or GamingConsole.

P

President Gringo

Gameconsole better than gamesconsole? Are you sure?

This is a great name. How did you get it? I wouldn't be surprised if you sold this for 5 digits, porssibly more.

If television was reported to have had an offer for $1.1million, then this has to be worth something.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a gaming enthusiast, I can attest that gameconsole.com (the singular) is much, much, much prefered to gamesconsole.com.
The Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, etc. are "game" consoles, not "games" consoles. Games is not an adjective.

My appraisal (and I'm being serious):
gameconsole.com = $10,000
gamesconsole.com = $50

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can also attest that "Game Console" is the term that is most used in the gaming industry.

However I would still put a value of ~$200 on the undeveloped domain for you to sell to the guy who developed "games-console.com"

P

President Gringo

It appears game console would be correct, but i still think games console is a good name. Type in game console in yahoo and the first site is http://www.games-console.com/ (crap site btw, just sells ring tones for phones - wtf?)

If you think gameconsole is worth $10k, then surely this would have to be worth at least $2k? Personally, i think its worth more.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the comments on GamesConsole.com

I have mulled over the question as to wether the singular (GameConsole) was a better name or not, difficult really. However when I asked people a question like.... what is a PS2/Nintento 64/Game Cube/XBox etc etc the vast majority of replies were

"it's a GamesConsole!"

After all the consoles are not designed or marketed to play a "game", they play a multitude of "games".

I have also managed to get myself a free subscription to a "Gaming Industry" magazine in the UK (not available in the shops) and they also refer almost always to "GamesConsoles".

Apart from all that I reckon if its used as a retail outlet on the net it gives you the impression that you can buy "Games" rather than a "Game Console"..............

Anyway your probably all right and I'll not get $10 for it :cool:

Oh yeah, forgot to add - it gets quite a lot of traffic too. Manged nearly 1,000 hits a day around Christmas and I have never ever made any kind of effort to advertise the name except on AfterNic. Neither is it registered on the search engines.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a regional difference. I have never heard it called a Games Console in California. It may be different on the other side of the planet?

Also, I have never heard of a Disks Drive, Tapes Deck, Bookscase, etc , though all these are for multiple items as well :rolleyes:

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to restate that I still think this is a good name. :) I am sure most of the traffic is fallover from www.games-console.com, which has been a developed site since 1997. That in itsself makes it worthy!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am a Muslim, but I still prefer much GamesConsole.com over 786110.com.

I have never heard of this number before. I also did a search for it in google but added one : 786111 and got 342 hits. 786117 got 417. 666 got 2,760,000 hits - 666 number is not Islamic either ;)

Not to bore anyone - but God has 99 names in Islam. All of them are registered domains and 5 to 10 expire each year. I don't want any of them, just like seeing who gets them next.

I'm in the UK and "games console" sounds more natural to me.

altavista.co.uk shows 12,796 for "games console" vs 4,381 for "game console" so maybe it is a geographical thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators