Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Good Software for Mining Expired Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a software program (or web service) that will allow me to enter a long list of key words and return domains that only include those keywords (while also letting me specify the usual things; extension, number of characters, eliminate numbers and hyphens etc).

I took a look at Popular Domains but it will only let you enter a list of full domain names to check. I want something more than that.
Everyday I run through a long list of keywords, manually entering them one at a time and checking the results. I wnat to enter all of my keywords and have that list saved so I can click one button and check expired domains with those key words. Is there such an animal?

Also, what do you think of PopularDomains. I downloaded the demo but it doesn't let you do much of anything (severely crippled demo). It mines the deleted domains database and I don't see where it offers much of an advantage over the free web site (other than checking for link popularity). The search interface is identical. If they added the keyword search feature I mentioned then I would find it worthwhile.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks much Who-Is Search and gmartfin - I will check them both out thoroughly!

You know I have been involved in a number of industries over the years and I have never come across a community of users that is so quick to help out other people in their field as this one. Usually the other guy is viewed as competition not to be aided in any way! It is really refreshing and I am just very happy to have found my way here. Thanks to all!

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, magical avatar there Duke!

:cool:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He does kind of look like a magician doesn't he? That is actually a picture from the cover of Gene Chandler's Duke of Earl album.

You gave me an idea though - I looked up DomainMagician.com but its' already gone - darn!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try DNA Free then upgrade to pro

GM:

I tried the free version - works pretty well but still missing the key feature I want. I have a list of about 50 keywords. I would like to permanently enter all 50 in a program. Then have it check expired names and return a list of names that include ANY of my 50 keywords anywhere in the domain title (unless I want to use some of the standard filters to block anything).

Everything I've looked at makes you manually enter one keyword at a time. DNA gives you words to pad the front or back but does not give you names with your keyword located anywhere in the name,

Does DNA Pro do this. From looking at there website there is no indication that it does.

H

hyperi0n

Hi

Please excuse my newbie questions.....

1. Do all dropped domains (from all registrars) get listed in one place in real time? If so, where is that place.

2. Same as above but concerning domains put on hold.

I am thinking, seeing as I am (among other things) a programmer, I might be able to come up with some software to do the trick.

Cheers

WMD Pro allows you to watch as many domains as you want (and not just your own) and gives you full access to the microsoft access db backend for integrating your code with it. They also offered a free customization deal when i bought it for any little extras you wanted.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahh Duke that's different matter. In that case you'll want to buy a version of my custom perl script. I run with over 150 keywords myself and have handled lists up to 80,000 domains in it. Turns out a scrolling html file according to the delete date.

Aug 10 Sample here http://209.115.132.237/scrolling.html

Cuts the list work by 75%.

I've never seen a software package as good as this.

I'm going to put it on our http://sasquatchs.com drop site as soon as we develop a security system to keep it from being copied.

BTW on that note I have grabbed DropWizard.com and DropWizards.com. Thinking of using these names instead. Any thoughts.

dropwizard and dropwizards sure sounds more friendly and is much easier to remember and hence refer imo.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The above link is for partial list of drop names on that date 8 characters or less. Which it wil also sort for and separate into its own file.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahh Duke that's different matter. In that case you'll want to buy a version of my custom perl script. I run with over 150 keywords myself and have handled lists up to 80,000 domains in it. Turns out a scrolling html file according to the delete date.

That looks like the winnng ticket. Would definitely cut my workload considerably. Please post when it is available online and I will check it out. I am concentrating on certain industries I am especially familiar with so the key word searching is the most productive track for me to follow. I just need a way to speed it way up!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I already posted that I though Drop Wizard was a good name. DailyDrops was on the expired list today and Tippy picked that up. I like that too but for your catching names service DropWizard is better.

Hello!

Another good service - http://www.domainstrue.com/

It give daily lists of Yahoo/Dmoz/adult expired, on-hold and expired soon domains with linkpopularity in 11 s.e. Also lot of additional features like monitoring lists (as at snapnames), automatic and instant domains registrations, etc.

Best Regards,
Alex

hotsauce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try Expired Traffic

Sure this may be a biased lil plug, but take a look at what we offer for one month.

I'm positive you wont be disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom