Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

good WhoIs sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just bookmark it ozone
....somtimes very handy...

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here is a Internet Explorer trick that some people might be unaware of.

if you bookmark a very long URL like http://www.ratite.com/whois/whois.html, and rename the bookmark 123, then simply typing 123 into your browser window will take you to that URL.

I have my top 10 most visited sites set up in this manner. Typing the letter m takes me to msnbc.com. Typing cnn takes me to cnn.com. Typing a takes me to altavista.

that way, you dont have to mess around with the Favorites tab on the internet explorer page, which is inconvenient for your sites i use several times daily. Typing a b c or d into my browser is far quicker.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon

if you bookmark a very long URL like http://www.ratite.com/whois/whois.html, and rename the bookmark 123, then simply typing 123 into your browser window will take you to that URL.

I have my top 10 most visited sites set up in this manner. Typing the letter m takes me to msnbc.com. Typing cnn takes me to cnn.com. Typing a takes me to altavista.

that way, you dont have to mess around with the Favorites tab on the internet explorer page, which is inconvenient for your sites i use several times daily. Typing a b c or d into my browser is far quicker.

I didn`t know that, thanks

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a good tip I will try it. I Have my core sites setup as one clicks on my browser and use abbreviations on there to squeeze them in.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting suggestion.

Another way to do it is to make a simple text webpage of all your favorite/ most useful links, and then make that page your homepage. Then it's simply 2 clicks to anything you need..

Trying to remember which numbers correspond to which bookmarks, and typing *anything* into the browser, is still more difficult than 2 clicks.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This free program takes DotComCowboy's suggestion one step further: @Start

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon

Thanks for the tip Draqon. Very useful.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We offer "Who Is" search results, covering EVERY extension and country code globally... just one of the many free tools available for visitors or members, and it's free to join..

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some nice tips. Thanx guys!
Think

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good info.

Does anyone know a good whois server though? For direct whois access? Something like whois.networksolutions.com? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom