Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Google Adwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I typically don't do much with Google Adwords, and I'm wondering if someone could tell me how I could take a keyword phrase that's very rarely searched and get a paid listing that always shows up when someone searches for that keyword phrase.

The phrase in question has no other online advertisers and is searched less than 50 times/month. In other words, I should be able to easily afford a cheap listing (I would think $0.05/click) and have a full-time listing, right? Could someone please explain by posting here or by PM why this isn't the case? Thank you.

DC20

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just do "I want this phrase" ....in quotes. It should do an exact match. It won't show up right away (probably), but go to sleep and check it in the morning and you should see it.

mbd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I did the "exact match" type of listing, but it's still not showing up. Here's what it's saying as it relates to the listing's "status":

• This keyword has a low search volume and isn't showing any of your ads. If more users start searching for your keyword, your ad will begin to show. If you're interested in additional keyword ideas, try the Keyword Tool. Learn more about building an effective keyword list.
Does Google only allow people to display ads on higher-searched keywords?? Thanks again for your help.

DC20

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that is sufficiently irritating. Granted maybe you are the only one to ever search for that, but it shouldn't really matter. I'd try contacting Google about it, or post on the adwords forums on Google. I've had a lot of low traffic keywords that I decided not to split up for easier tracking of what is paying off, but never been denied an ad because it doesn't show much. The message you saw I could understand if it had not had any searches yet....but you should still be able to search for it yourself and see it within 6-12 hours I would think.

...I'd contact them, seems odd to me. ...ooh, unless they are still reviewing that ad or something?

If you get any more of an answer there, I'm sure others would find it helpful if it was posted here as well. ...besides that's one of the things they recommend, pick really exact search phrases, even if it's low traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators