Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Google Site Indexing Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All -

New DNF'r here but its my 2nd post! LOL As I said in my intro, I have been reading here for awhile... made a jump into domain monetization recently as a challenge to myself really - if it pays off in five years, then it was worth it!

Anyhow - back to the subject - a Google Site Index tool!

If you are at all like myself, you like to know when the g-bots have been in and out of your site, how many pages are indexed, etc etc... its what we all strive for. I have often used a small shortcut on my browser for whois lookups, basically, if you are on a site and want to know more about it, you just click on your shortcut and wham - the whois lookup for that domain pushes to your screen! No cut/copy/paste junk... just a click and view!

Well, tonight, I got tired of going to google and pasting long strings into the search box. adding my domain names, and waiting for the index results to appear. I decided to rewrite my little toolbar shortcut to do the work in one single click!

I have more details posted on my blog - but dont want to post the link for fear of spamming the forums on my first (ok second post) It will be in the blog sig below, in the "Tools of the test >> Cool Indexing tool" article....

Anyhow - here it is.

Create an IE (or FF or whatever browser you use) shortcut in your browser - the page you link to is unimportant, it will be changing in a moment! After you have the shortcut, go back to it and right click, choose properties. What you need to do is change the url to the following:
Click on save or OK or whatever you are told to do by your browser. You WILL LIKELY get a warning or two that the javascript you just saved is not registered - its OK, it is a function of the browser already!

Open a new IE window and browse to one of your own parked or developed domains... click on your newly made link... and viola - you get a vision of ALL pages that have been indexed by Google!

If you prefer to do it all manually - just paste the following into the google search box:
Same results - two steps less!

Thanks, and its good to be here!

Mark hansen
The Kids College Fund Project

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brainfreeze......how do u create shortcut??

tony

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know - as I was writing that I was thinking it should have been a bit more clear! Sorry...

Open a new browser window and bookmark (add to favorites) ANY site you want. Once you have it in your favorites... you can right click over the top of it and choose properties from there...

Thanks

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hhhm...i cut and pasted the url as u said above.....i open a new IE page...i type in a domain of mine....i click link...and nothing happens....

any ideas?

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm - Thats a stumper on me!

So - now when you open the properties window of your new shortcut... do you see the url in the same box as below? Where it is highlighted below, it should have the link:

javascript:location.href=’http:/’+'/www.google.com/search?as_q=-adfhadfhadha&as_sitesearch=www.’+window.location .href.replace(’#',’|');

IE_InternetShortcutProperties.jpg

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah.....thats what i did....but nothing happens when i click it

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edit: delete - it was wrong again!

See top post for correct usage info.

memmst

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Works great and make my life easier.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators