Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GrabNames.com is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i'll bite. but can't you set up some sort of automated system with set prices. why do so many of these sites have to have these quasi bid sytems. i'm interested in using your service in the future but what do you consider reasonable prices. $25? $100.
Some sort of minimum bid info would be greatly appreciated.

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
voice.com! (ultimate value)
nara.com!! (had $6,000+ bid in NameWinner)

I'm really interested in your business.

liquidstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i sent an email, but no response. is this site functional?

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I like about this forum is that blatant advertising is accepted (I also like the way mudslinging fights seem to break out all the time, albeit that I'm happy I haven't been subjected to any of that yet)

I guess this is the guy to use if you're going to try and get aol.com :: I'll offer $20

By the way, isn't it 'grabbed' not 'grabed'?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
So is www.dropmart.com
and www.namesniper.com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read up on the excellent range of services offered by NameSniper.com, but they don't offer a namegrabbing service. In their words:

"Our domain monitoring technologies continuously monitor the domain names in the monitor queue to determine if a name has become available for registration.

Once a domain name becomes available, the user(s) on the queue will be alerted via e-mail message.

This feature was not designed to replace backorder technologies similar to those in use by SnapNames, but is a good option for users seeking to monitor less valuable domains."

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to contact GrabNames.com? Please post your experiences here.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would seem prudent to wait until you have the site up with a professional looking page (not "under construction") before advertising it.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a site in the form that page is currently in, and would be skeptical of the intent to maybe even hijack good name requests.

I hate to be too critical, but here would be my reservations to using the site as is:

1. single unprofessional looking page.
2. misspellings on the single page (grabed).
3. no contact info on page other than email (name, company,phone,address,fax)
4. name examples grabbed are same as owner
5. DNS for grabnames.com appears china based
6. address of grabnames.com appears to be chinese
7. contacts (phone/fax) for grabnames.com are blank
8. domain registrar is also chinese
(nothing against Chinese, but a lot of cybersquatting and internet fraud comes from there leaving me overly cautious)
9. poster spammed this list againt TOS (would be okay in a sig, but not as amain message
10. no explanation of technology or whether you can be outbid.
11. no indication of payment or currency accepted or escrow available.
I'll stop there.

It may be a perfectly good and reputable site someday, but this announcement is very premature (in my opinion).

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i'm going to give it a shot. i don't care what the page looks like as long as they can grab a name.

By the way i think the page looks fine.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I have to agree with these guys. It's not even a site. It's just a page with 2 lines of text.
And one of those lines is: "please submit your request along with the price you are willing to pay"

What the heck is that about? No set price system? No outline or guide? No rules at all?

Well ok - I will start by sending $1 - so please grab ABC.com for me. Thanks! :D

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot like namefox.com

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper
Sorry but I have to agree with these guys. It's not even a site. It's just a page with 2 lines of text.

And one of those lines is: "please submit your request along with the price you are willing to pay"

What the heck is that about? No set price system? No outline or guide? No rules at all?

Well ok - I will start by sending $1 - so please grab ABC.com for me. Thanks! :D

It seems to work fine for namefox. just give them a chance. all you have to do is look at the names they have obtained to know they are pros.

you have to remember that people in domain land are not the same as people in webmaster land. They like simple designs and don't care about having an ultra hip layout etc. A lot of them having doing this since 1994 and still build sites in that fashion

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that's true KK - but damn.... atleast they should give as SOME sort of idea on price - right? Some guideline on how the thing works at the very least. You cant' just have a free-for-all. That leads to nothing but problems.

I can deal with a plain page. Just give us information anyway. Something!

I like the name though. That in itself was a nice "grab". :D

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i would not worry about price too much. the cost of a snap is $60 so i would figure don't bid less than $75 for a name. What i always say about drops is that if the name isn't worth $100 to you, it isn't worth chasing...

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won't be doing business with them anytime soon. First of all the site is under construction and there isn't any information about them. Also, I don't like the idea of having to submit the domain I want, and how much im willing to pay for it. They can easily just say its not enough, and register the domain for themselves.

RMF

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would agree with many of the concerns raised above. But as for the quality of the website, you shouldn't judge a name catcher's ability to grab names by how flash his website looks. The names he's grabbed are top-flight names and that is critically important if you want great names.

The spelling mistake on the page is minor - try writing a sentence in Chinese ;-)

I purchased a great name from a Chinese drop expert (not GrabNames); he was very cordial and professional, and the transaction went very smoothly via Escrow.com.

GrabNames obviously needs to clarify the areas of concern regards his contact details to give people a feeling of greater security to use him/her/they.

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got an email...

RULES

1)Minimum offer amount $100 USD.
2)Domains submitted by 17:00 GMT.
2)Payment is for SUCCESS ONLY and whom is the highest bider and Payment is
due within 24 hours of notification.
3)Payments by Paypal if funds less than $200 USD.
4)If you don't have Paypal or funds is more than $200 USD please payments
via escrow.com or wire transfer.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got that email too... but thats not what I asked him. I asked him a specific question, and got that default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators