Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed GTASA.com & PHPBugs.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niklas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased GTASA.COM which is without a doubt the best domain possible for the coming Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The official game site is at http://www.gtasanandreas.com and http://www.grandtheftautosanandreas.com. As you might have noticed, those are fairly long names.

Information on previous game in the GTA series:
- Vice city was chosen PS 2 Game of the Year 2002 at gamespy
- PC #2 place in Game of the Year 2003

Im not entirely sure what the domain is worth, but R* could maybe be interested in it. Could you give some kind of price range what you think its worth?

PHPBugs.com

The name says it all, how much is it worth?

IWA Meetup

Niklas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*bump*

AS-Mike

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Seems this guy is hungry for appraisals, although I don't feel up to the job of appraising... someone help out :)

Niklas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes it is getting quite a bit of traffic, but not exactly sure on the amount.

Niklas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well now that the game is released, could someone appraise GTASA.com ?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, if you owned it prior to the other two domains being registered then it might be worth something. If not, then obviously R* passed it up because they didn't want it, so therefore, nothing.

Niklas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was registered before rockstars domains but i've been in contact with R* webmaster a while ago and he mentioned that they regularly leave top quality domains for fan sites (for example gta3.com).

I have recieved offers from mid $xxx to high $xxx so it definetly is worth something. Currently I am renting the domain for quite a high $ a month and planning on continuing that as long as he wants to, but I'd still be interested to know how much the domain is worth.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahh, ok then. Much different story. That's cool of them. In that case mid $xxx would be my guess. Something to note is that the name's value will go down as the game gets older. If I were you I would tell the person that you are renting it to that you want to have a certain amount in advanced for X months, or maybe even a full year at a time. Otherwise I'd sell it because the game won't be on people's minds for ever.

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:
the game won't be on people's minds for ever.
The GTA series aren't easy to forget, believe me. :wink:

This is the perfect domain name for the ultimate GTA San Andreas resource site IMO. Anything from tips, tricks, cheats, walkthroughs, screenshots, forum, mods, etc etc etc will be right at home in this domain. I say low $X,XXX for an end-user.

Niklas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
The GTA series aren't easy to forget, believe me. :wink:

That is very true! I've ran 2 gta networks (another one is gone and just launched the new one) and also another gta site (www.gtaarea.com, not any longer mine) and I gotta admit that GTA sites have been definetly my most popular gaming sites. The PC version is expected to be released end of spring / beginning of summer and thats when the real traffic starts coming in. Even a year after the release of Vice City to PC the sites were doing almost as well as when the game was launched. The GTA games arent forgotten fast. Once the game is played through people start modding it, the online mods come, and that will continue untill the next GTA is released. There really isnt a break with GTA for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom