Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Guitarists.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.info ?

info's are worhtless unless developed.

Cheers!

T

Tee

Mudfence, while .info is clearly not worth what .coms are undeveloped, many .info names have been resold " name only" for many times the reg fee so to state that .infos are " worhtless" (you do mean worthless right?) unless developed is not quite accurate.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"many times the reg fee "
There is one born every minute.

Sorry about my typo. I'll try and be more careful next time.

I'm just giving you an opinion.
honesty can be so brutal sometimes. But in the end I think it serves us all better :)

Cheers!

T

Tee

Be honest but also be accurate. Your spelling will improve with practice I'm sure. Fact finding people are indeed born every minute. Many .info names have re-sold for way above reg fee.

You may not be aware of this info, because you maybe live in some .com vacuum (where they spell poorly - just kidding), but yes, .info names have resold for nice amounts (thousands). Doesn't mean mine will, or that my name is even worth anything. It does mean that .info names can have worth in undeveloped form because simply, they have been resold in such form for many times reg fee. So to state that .info is worthless undeveloped is ignorance at best.

No offense.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"because you maybe live in some .com vacuum"
Yah you may be right. I guess I'm from the days where to succeed as a dot com you had to have content.

.infos are even more stringent. You'd better have content.

Spend more time developing your content and less on my spelling and you may have something?

No offense...just trying to be helpful

Other than that...

Cheers!

T

Tee

It' s not your spelling that I take issue with so much as it is your statement that .infos are worthless without development. This is not true. For if it were, .info names would never resell for $1,000's. Clearly. I think you just need to clean up your statement to allow for name only .info worth.

My name may suck, or may not, but .info names are worth something undeveloped in some cases. And this is born out by fact and reality.

Also, it seems like the days when (most) .com names must have content to have worth is right now. Not in some past time which your post kind of suggests. In the past, .coms were often all about hype and little substance or content or a workable business model. Still, there are .com names that will have value without moving a muscle. And there are some .info names that are like that as well, as reality has shown.

Cheers!

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Not in some past time."
I'm talking the last few years. The only dot coms that survived are the ones worthwhile.

When it comes to HT. Years are decades! And you either go with the flow or get out.

I'm also not saying that .info's are worthless.
I'm just trying to convey that the expectations of .info's for resellable value are held to a higher standard.

Any tld that is a not a .com better be worth its weight in gold as far as deliverable content or service goes.

I hope that makes since?

Cheers!

T

Tee

It makes " sense" , but what you are saying now is somewhat different than what you stated earlier.

Here you are allowing for .info value, even without any developement. That's different.

One other thing that you may be overlooking is tld specialization.... .info may work better than .com, etc in certain capacities ... like say a tourist site or health site or designated information site. This no one can say for certain but it is suspected and may even be a part of the reason .infos have sold decently out of the gate with no "experience" .

However, I do agree with what you are saying in general. Whatever is true for .com is probably much, much more true for other extensions.

In fact, why not come with content even if you have a "great" name? Even if you have sex.com, a developed sex.com is probably worth a bunch of millions more than a non-muscled one.

My point was, as an owner of an undeveloped name, my name may or may not have value but to say that because it has .info as an extension and that it is worthless because of this in undeveloped form is not totally accurate based on prior events.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think we're on the same plane.
some tld's do work better than .com

Guitarists.info would work well if it were a riff or score site or something to do with music.

As I said before. Its worth the reg fee but not a whole lot more.

If it were mine I would throw it on eBay for $1 and set the reserve to what you thinks it's worth.

Even if it doesn't sell your only out a couple bucks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Don't let anybody tell you different. Stick to your guns and even if you loose you'll still have your pride :)

There are still a lot of .coms left if you use your naugen though :)

Good Luck!
Cheers!

T

Tee

You did say that .infos are worthless without developement....

But I hear you - and agree with you about developement. My issue was just with your picking on .info.

Ebay? No way. Not even if I had a great .com.

Developement is the best way - however, I still believe there is an undeveloped worth - which even .info possesses.

Maybe guitarists.info sucks - but not because all infos need to be developed to have value, but because this combo is weak, which may or may not be true, depending...

D

Desi

for working so hard in trying to get one out of "mud of dot com sorrounded by the fence of wilfull ignorance" and it does seem that you might have succeeded some....lets see if from this point on he pulls himelf out completely or slips back into the deep mud...you know its pretty hard to get out of mud, especially of dot com with a fence around...:D

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You did such an admiral job of debating the relative value of .info. I wish I could reward you with a high evaluation. Alas undeveloped its estimated sale price would be under $200.00.

However a school of music might find it very attractive and pay much more, it is a good name for development and suits .info well.

You are completely accurate in that some .info have sold for high amounts undeveloped, but the very high sales have been for Internet keywords.

interbuy

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wheres the guy on this forum thats suppose to say "Cat Fight" lol this name is pretty good info have done well.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desi
for working so hard in trying to get one out of "mud of dot com sorrounded by the fence of wilfull ignorance" and it does seem that you might have succeeded some....lets see if from this point on he pulls himelf out completely or slips back into the deep mud...you know its pretty hard to get out of mud, especially of dot com with a fence around...:D

Nice of you to jump right into this thread and flame me.
Do a little research and read a few posts before you unleash your poison pen.

I see you don't even list a website in your profile so I'm assuming you haven't got your allowance for hosting fees.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom