Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

closed HalfBloodPrince .us & HalfBloodPrince .biz

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AS-Mike

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Hi!

Not sure if any of you guys are aware already, but Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be the title of the sixth Harry Potter book.

Whois show the .com and .net belong to JK Rowling, the .org is Warner, and the .info is registered to the owner of an independent Harry Potter news source.

What would I be able to expect for these domain names? I really was amazed I could snag them, thought all major extensions would have been long gone... :)
 
IWA Meetup

Jaques

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
AS-Mike said:
Hi!

Not sure if any of you guys are aware already, but Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be the title of the sixth Harry Potter book.

Whois show the .com and .net belong to JK Rowling, the .org is Warner, and the .info is registered to the owner of an independent Harry Potter news source.

What would I be able to expect for these domain names? I really was amazed I could snag them, thought all major extensions would have been long gone... :)


$100
 

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
3,056
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 63 / 0 / 0
Agreed, around $100 right now. Much more in a few years though!
 

redbulldog

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 26 / 0 / 0
Do you think there will be any value / traffic in the plural, halfbloodprinces.com?
 

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
3,056
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 63 / 0 / 0
redbulldog said:
Do you think there will be any value / traffic in the plural, halfbloodprinces.com?

Not right now, but maybe once the book is close to being published?
 

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
8
Feedback: 50 / 0 / 0
AS-Mike said:
Hi!

Not sure if any of you guys are aware already, but Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be the title of the sixth Harry Potter book.

Whois show the .com and .net belong to JK Rowling, the .org is Warner, and the .info is registered to the owner of an independent Harry Potter news source.

What would I be able to expect for these domain names? I really was amazed I could snag them, thought all major extensions would have been long gone... :)

JK Rowling is very serious about her copyrights and trademarks! She had already sued some people because they were breaking copyrights owned by her. This seems to be a quite dangerous domain... think one more time about using it.
Maybe you will make some money with domain parking, adsense or you will sell the domain, but maybe the domain will be worth US$ -xxxx... Understand what I mean?
 

AS-Mike

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
dodo1 said:
JK Rowling is very serious about her copyrights and trademarks! She had already sued some people because they were breaking copyrights owned by her. This seems to be a quite dangerous domain... think one more time about using it.
Maybe you will make some money with domain parking, adsense or you will sell the domain, but maybe the domain will be worth US$ -xxxx... Understand what I mean?

Yeah, I realize that.

I deem it is work the risk though - and if she would be so serious about her copyrights I can't grasp the fact she would only claim the .com and .net - that doesn't seem very serious to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom