Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

have a buyer, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have offered to sell my domain name (one I've actually used for a few years) to a small drug company. They have replied with interest.
I'm trying to research their financials but so far haven't found anything at EDGAR.
Most of the resources on the net seem to center around trying to FIND a buyer or what the general marketability of name is.

I need to find out HOW MUCH to ask of a company that specifically wants my name.

Any resources/advice?

Thanks

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Figure what you made from the domain and ask for two years revenue.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
This is a cat-mouse game. In my opinion, the person who owns the name must go first. Afterall, it is YOUR name, and you should start the process. Additionally, you solicited them, so you must make the first move. It is not good business to solicit somebody and have them show interst, then to say "make me an offer".

As far as the price, there are a couple of ways you can look at it:

1) You will never get it of you do not ask for it.
2) Remember your cost on the name and price accordingly. Taek into account how many hits you get as well as how much revenue you make.

I tend to go with #2 and do not ask for inflated prices. I am 100% sure I have sold names where the buyer was silling to pay 10x the amount they did. However, I look at it as "I got my asking price".

Setting the starting price is tricky. With some homework, you can set one that is fair to both parties.

Best of luck!

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
Figure what you made from the domain and ask for two years revenue.

Very good starting point Win :D

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom