Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help, International Reseller, will eNom pay bank draft?

How long eNom's staff reply your email

• Within 1 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 2 to 3 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 1/2 days but less than 1 days

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • more than 1 days

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:) Dear all,

I am a new joinner to the domian industry as a reseller for eNom by pay a large some.

I found that I eNom.com has not response to me. Recently I have written an email to eNom and ask if eNom can issue an bank demand payable to a Hong Kong bank. However, two weeks later there is still no answer.

As I know, eNom just issue business cheque which will be payable to US bank account in US.

Any one can help me to solve this problem?

Do I need to register accounts for my client and give them password and I have to charge my client via may be Paypal.com. In this case, I register the domain and send the password to my clients. I have another questions, will they able to "renew" their domains by clicking renew (the domain was register and paid by me before passing the password to them) and renew the domain with the reduction of my account balances. Or do I need to create an sub-account for them.

Any teachers has good suggestion to me.

I am worry about the recoverability of the commission.

In addition, are customers resist to paypal.com's because no such services in my region which English is our second language!

I am nervious on this! Any hero can help me!

Many thanks!

Thank you for all your attention!

PrimeDNR
:shy:

Domain summit 2024

Welcome new Hong Kong member,

http://www.enom.com/help/faq_rr.asp
"After the 90-day, all checks are issued in U.S. Dollars. We are unable to send funds via wire transfer at this time."

Hong Kong bank CAN cash U.S. Dollar cheque with time and some surcharge, ask your own bank what they charge for accepting US Dollar cheque and how long it takes. You can also use the money you got from enom to register new domain(s) if you wish to.

Enom offer you at least three types of account for your customers.
1) RegistryRocket
2) PDQ
3) Create sub-account

1) & 2) are automatic, you don't need to contact your customer.
3) You have to ask your customer details to create sub-account.

I think you need to spend more time to read enom's instruction / FAQ / Help, don't worry much about enom.

Good Luck!

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:confused: Thanks Goh!

What is your stragey, at what amount if you don't mind each time you ask eNom to pay you?

I use BOCHK, any good suggestion for a bank that have a lower charge?

Do you have any professional advice. I know that you are an experienced reseller.

I am just a starter!

Thanks a lot!

Regards

PrimeDNR:sad:

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Some big Hong Kong banks have branches in the USA, especialy in NY and LA. Also eNom sales and support are great at replying to mail from what I'v heard.

Sorry, I never ask enom to pay me, I use them for renew my crappy domains or register some more junkies.
Just give a call to few major bank in HK and ask them, dial 1083 to ask for number.
I don't have any professional advice. I am not doing good at it.
Good luck!

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hi goh,

I have one chance, the domain charge was as high as HK$150 or nearly US$20 nearly all the commission I earned!

Regards,:cry:

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
Some big Hong Kong banks have branches in the USA, especialy in NY and LA. Also eNom sales and support are great at replying to mail from what I'v heard.

Hi DotComster

May be I am unlikely, I have to wait for a long time. Right their technical support was quick and short, seldom explain more to me.

May be I am a new comer, maybe I am foolish! Maybe I am so lucky.

Anyway, it depends.

Have you got any idead what those branches are. May be I got to ask them?

Many thanks:)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know the bank name starts with HS - but the next 2 letters I forgot. It might be HSGB or something like it. The nice thing is if you open an account in Hong Kong - your account number will work in the USA, but ask your banker how to set it up.

www.owndomains.com is a Chinese Enom reseller, that you might want to check out, but this forum is a lot more help. I also hope to be an enom reseller soon :)

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
I know the bank name starts with HS - but the next 2 letters I forgot. It might be HSGB or something like it.

It must be the HSBC, a largest HK bank I think:)
http://www.hsbc.com

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The good news is (are?):
-------------------------------
You must be selling domains even though you are just starting as you mentioned. That's great! Keep selling them!

Your commission of $20+, the figure I derived from what you said in post #6, is not lost.

If you go to my enom->>settings->>renewal setting you can instruct enom to contact your customers about renewals. Read the screen by clicking the "change" link. It will tell you what will happen at renewal.

Enom will hold your commission for 90 days but you can use your balance to renew or buy your own domains after that.

The possible bad news:
-----------------------------
Maybe you are not buying any domains directly like many people here do, so your balance at Enom cannot be used as such. I think I can understand that. You only renew your personal domain once.

The local bank you contacted charges nearly $20 to cash a US-drafted check which I do believe because I have heard this before.

Your options are:
--------------------
Collect at least some of your reg fees directly from some clients if you possibly can and use your balance to pay for these domains (i.e. the client rights you a check or Paypal then you register his domain under your reseller account and "push" it to his.) It works very well.

Wait until you have a large amount of commission earned, follow enom's directions to the T to request a check (they stick to the rules) and swallow the bank surcharge (shop around for the lowest fee).

I do not see any other legal way to do this unless enom changes its policy in the near future.

I think to write enom asking them to do something outside their normal policies may not work.

Good luck and we do sympathise with you as you can see form all the posts. :)

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One more suggestion!

POke around (experiment, play, test) your enom account. Create a mock (not real) subaccount if you want. I think you are still having some difficulty setting up subaccounts. So learn enom inside out --it's not that much to learn anyway) -- just make sure if you testing you don't register nonsense domains by mistake since you DO have funds to burn. :)

Many of your questions will be answered. :)

*hint* try the "push" domain between accounts to see how it works but please push only in the subaccounts you have complete control of, ie your own, while testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators