Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help: Social Engine or PHPFox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I’m working as a consultant for an established internet company based in New York and we are researching for the best solution to convert an existing website – which I can not expose - in a Community with a Web Directory.

At this moment we are trying to decide between Social Engine and PHPFox, but also considering other solution.

Our website has a huge traffic, and we are concern about some Social Engine reviews that we saw online: several bugs, bad support and (the most important) very slow speed when we have more than 50/100 users online.

Since during the day for us it’s usual to have +/- 3.000 users online, we would like to have your honest opinion on your Social Engine and PHPFox experience, and which platform should we use.

Thanks in advance

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find social engine a bit of a pain and very slow to load on my site.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like both of them, though I only tried phpfox. It is a nice script but I have issues when upgrading so I decided to outsource the platform and changed my community using NING!

It is up and running for the pass three years.

Send me email if you want to see my community.

Regards,
EM @ king.net

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not use a Wordpress based solution? It's customizable and can handle large sites.

elius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yikkes, that BlackMonk goes from $2222 to $6666

Just like Tia said: use Wordpress

I am using GeoThemes Theme for Wordpress, look at http://phillyscene.com/ its an $87 theme

~ian

did you customize it or is your design also part of the theme? Your site is quite different from the demo on their site. Looks really nice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom