Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help With Enom Account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've tried to contact Enom's support twice about this issue. No reply!!

My question was if it was possible to transfer a domain under another Enom reseller, to another account you hold under another Enom reseller (for instance two different sites/resellers like NameCheap.com)? Also, is it possible to transfer you domains in your Master Account straight under Enom to an account under a reseller under Enom like NameCheap.com?
If so, how is it all done!!

Thanks!

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a highly confusing question ... you want to transfer a name that is already registered with enom, back to enom .. under a different name.

Push it maybe ... or just put in the transfer and see what happens. ..

Still ... confused

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the same question or not, but I would like to know how to transfer names from my RegisterFly account to my eNom account.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL!!! OK, I will try to be more brief. I would like to transfer all of my domains from NameCheap.com (Enom reseller). To another reseller (similar to NameCheap.com. Is it possible?

Thanks!!

R

rapidtransit

Answer to both questions:

Assuming your eNom or eNom reseller's control panel allows you to "Push a Name" or "Push a List" you just "Push" the domain name(s) to your target login.

Example: you are "jimbo1" in your Powerpipe WebPro account (Powerpipe is an eNom reseller) but you are "jimbo2" in your own eNom reseller account.

1. Log in to your eNom account that Powerpipe set up for you as "jimbo1".
  2. Select "Domain Names" from the menu at left
  3. Select "Push a Name" from the new list at left
  4. In the "Domain Name" box, fill in the domain name you want to transfer from "jimbo1"
  5. In the "Login ID" box enter "jimbo2"
  6. If "jimbo2" exists as an eNom account, you will get a "Success" message. When you login again as "jimbo2" you will see the transferred account.
    [/list=1]
    And now the DISCLAIMER:

DANGER!! WILL ROBINSON!! DANGER!! DANGER!!

If you mistype or mistake the "target" account name your domain name could be pushed into someone's else account, as the system doesn't seem to check that you own the target account.

So if you accidentally type "jumbo2" instead of "jimbo2" and there is someone else withthe login "jumbo2" you might have a hell of a time getting your domain name back.

Also, if your eNom reseller provider uses the API (different interface), this may not work the same, or at all.

ALSO NOTE!!! When you "Push" from one eNom login to another, all your contact information changes to the default for the new Login, IIRC!!

Good luck. This has worked for me, but I make no guarantees...:)

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, if your eNom reseller provider uses the API (different interface), this may not work the same, or at all.

Thanks for the reply RapidTansit!! Yes, the 2 resellers use their own API with Enom. In other words, it it not impossible to transfer these domins w/o paying the transfer fee or?

Thanks!!

R

rapidtransit

Originally posted by kvinsencius

Thanks for the reply RapidTansit!! Yes, the 2 resellers use their own API with Enom. In other words, it it not impossible to transfer these domins w/o paying the transfer fee or?

Thanks!!
Also see the edit I just made concerning the contact information changing.

No, no transfer fee since you're just pushing from one eNom account to another. There is no change of registrar at all.

Of course, if your eNom reseller uses the API and has your domain names "locked" I don't know if this would make a differences. You'd have to try it and see.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ino.nuffin.com ..

Better ask .. Goh.nuffin.com ...

:D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess rapid is right, try it with one of your worst names first.

Let us know if it gets through.:D

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
I guess rapid is right, try it with one of your worst names first.

Let us know if it gets through.:D

HAHA. Mole the problem is that I only hold 8 names in the account I wish to transfer over. All are good. Can't afford to gamble. Anyone who knows for sure, please post.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators