Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Help with transferring from Verisign

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisa

I am new here and am trying to help my friend who is trying to transfer a domain from Verisign to another registrar. Verisign cancelled his transfer request b/c they say he needs to register another year before he can transfer. Is this true and if so/not what is the process with transferring from Verisign? I thought you could transfer to any other registrar if you go to the other one and initiate a transfer request. Does anyone have any experience with Verisign and any detailed instructions/advice? Thanks in advance!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When does the domain expire/expired?
If it has expired You can`t transfer it away before You renew it in NSI.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Transfers from VeriSin aka NetSol are easy - they just need persistance. It takes over 10 transfer requsts sometimes.

What registrar is your friend useing to transfer? - some are better than others at netsol transfers.

Advise:
NetSol transfer email look like smap - watch out for them in the admins email.

If the 10th transfer request does not work - send the 11th.

If the domain has one month to expire - use the cheepo netsol link to renew $25 or less. (any one here have the URL ?)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the first try doesn't work, you need to call them personally. Verisign's support staff are now outsourced all over the world, and some actually do have a heart.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I usually have no problems on the first trasnfer attempt.

BUT you have to look out for the email from Verisign. It's titled "Information about your account" and sent from [email protected]

Clever subject line intended to make you thinkk it's a spam and delete it.

The actual URL you have to visit is BURIED within a paragraph that starts with "We take every effort to protect you".

How do you spell D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n ???

L

Lisa

It is being transferred to enom and is under a month left to expire. Shouldn't he be able to just send a transfer request from enom and it get approved? Verisign said they would not release the domain unless he paid them for another year.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to Verisign help. There is no minimum amount of time where a transfer won't take place. It does state that a transfer will not happen if in unpaid status. They may be yanking your chain just to get another $35.00. I would call and pester them until they approve a transfer.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>Lisa: It is ... under a month left to expire.

If you could tell us the EXACT date, we might render better-informed advice.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same thing with my site. It is registered with Netsol and i want to get it away from them but i heard that transfers aren't easy.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Transfers from NetSol really are easy - just know that they put up some hurdels - but persistance is the key, so keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators