Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

High-bid lingers on NW purchase list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was high-bidder with NW on a domain weeks ago. Whois-search indicated that the domain was “registered with whois.webex.net” , so I am pretty sure that NW did not grab it. The regular whois indicates
“Registrar: 007NAMES, INC.
Updated: 05-jan-2003
-------------------------------
Whois Results from
007NAMES, INC.:
[whois.007names.com]
WHOIS Server Release 1.0
Searching for domain...
The Domain Name xxxxxx.com does not exit
-----------------------------------
Details Held In ICANN rootserver (a.gtld-servers.net)”
-----------------
But - my NW purchase list still lists me as high-bidder and indicates the domain as expired?

I e-mailed NW to see if I understood it all and if so please nuke it from my purchase list. I got this e-mailed back:

“I I'm sorry, but it's not currently possible to remove domains from the high bid list. This is a feature we've requested from our developers and we hope that it is added soon.”:confused:

I am not griping because I lost the domain, but does anyone else have this NW lingering bid problem?

P.S:
I did an NS lookup and other digs to no avail, e.g.:
[66.46.181.133] returned a non-authoritative response in 78 ms:
Queried domain does not exist
So what do you think?

TIA.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the problem. About a year ago I snagged a name with Snap and happened to have the NameWinner high bid at the time.

I decided not to renew the name after a year, and out of interest went to NW to check if anyone had a bid on it.

Guess who had the high bid? Me!! It was my bid from a year ago, LOL.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much Fizz for explaining one risk I envisioned existed related to a lingering high bid.

Your snapped domain would normally have cost $6.95 to transfer - but because you had the lingering high bid, you were able to transfer it for only your bid of $17,000!:weird:

I know this is not the legal forum – but – the only thing more efficient would be to sue yourself and win - great except for the $50,000 legal bill.:weird::weird:

Thanks for your input Fizz.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the name was grabbed POSITIVE if it's showing 007. What was the name?

NW will clear it out eventually . . . I leave my bids in there. eventuually they zero them out

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One time I bid on a name which they apparently never went after b/c the system did not update the on-hold date to expired status. I should have dropped it then re-added it. Their whole site is buggy but it works 95 percent of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom