Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Honest Opinions Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are the facts:

#1 - I sold a site to a member (before the sale was completed, I was offered 2x the sale price by another member, but I honored the sale and redirected the 2nd buyer to the 1st buyer). I also provided my phone number in case the 1st buyer had any questions.
#2 - The 1st buyer resold the site to the 2nd buyer.
#3 - The 1st buyer is telling the 2nd buyer to contact me for support and I have gotten 3 PMs from him asking questions.

What would you do?

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell the 2nd buyer to contact the 1st buyer for all his questions because you sold the site to him and you have nothing to do with or. Either that or you charge the 2nd buyer for consultation

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since the 1st buyer also gain from the sale.
You ask the 2nd buyer to ask 1st buyer as you will only support the 1st buyer.

... well just my crap opinion.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would give the second buyer "some" support. Equal to what the first buyer would
have received.

If you feel the future requests cross the line (assuming the second buyer continues to ask for a lot of assistance). I would suggest he contact the first buyer.

Ken, You have to determine where the line is between assistance and abuse.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am the second buyer in question.

And understand why TopNames doesn't want to answer my question, but because "buyer 1" Does Not Know the answer to it and in addition, "buyer 1" would have asked TopNames the Exact Same Question I did, had I not bought the site/software from her immediately after she bought it, I am hoping TopNames will reconsider and answer my very simple question:
"How do I generate the Product Key for the software? I cannot get the Software key generator to work."
[refering to the software that was sold in this thread: http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=52937&highlight=*familyspy* ]

Please answer me TopNames! And like I said before, I'll PayPal you $20 for your time.

I'm also sorry that you you missed out on the extra money and admire your honesty in fulfilling your part of the deal.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
General support should now come from buyer 1, however for $20 answering what appears to be a simple question (and probably should have been provided anyway) maybe reasonable.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please TopNames :)
I've already refunded one sale because I couldn't provide the product Key
What am I to do?

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I found the problem from an email DogStar sent. You're not telling the Key Gen which app you need a key for...use the drop down menu (where is says "select application") and select "FamilySpy" (which is the only option). Then hit go and it will start generating keys.

If "FamilySpy" is not one of the options, I will resend the key gen to both you and dogstar.

I don't want $20 and I'm not upset I missed the "extra" money. I'm a man of my word and my word is as good as a contract so I never even considered taking the extra money and not selling the domain to DogStar...a deal is a deal. I filp domains all the time...it's part of business. But I would never refer my buyer to the first seller. I've been on these forums for a couple years now and I have never had anyone say I cheated them or sold them a stolen domain. It's not that I didn't want to help you, but I never ran into theis problem before and I don't want support questions 3 months from now. It's my opinion that I should not be asked to support a product that has been resold. That's like taking a car to the original car dealership after it was resold and expecting the first dealership to fix the car for the new owner.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for trying but that didn't work because in the "Select Application" dropdown menu there is nothing there.

See this screen capture, which shows the open dropdown menu:
http://familyspy.com/problem/open.jpg

This is what it looks like when the dropdown menu is closed:
http://familyspy.com/problem/closed.jpg

When I try to generate a Product Key, I get this error:
http://familyspy.com/problem/error.jpg

Note that the Key Generator is for Version 3.00, the software I received is Version 3.10. Could that be the problem?

Cheers!

EDIT: Yes it's not one of the options :)
Look forward to receiving it. Thanks!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
the Key Generator is for Version 3.00, the software I received is Version 3.10. Could that be the problem?

No, I never bothered to change the version on the key gen...the keys work on all versions.

I will be home by 5:30PM EST and I will email both you and DogStar the key gen once more. Please PM me your email address.

Best regards,
Ken

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
No, I never bothered to change the version on the key gen...the keys work on all versions.

I will be home by 5:30PM EST and I will email both you and DogStar the key gen once more. Please PM me your email address.

Best regards,
Ken
FYI:

Ken is being a real nice guy here and he is *NOT* required to help at all

Best,
- Jordan

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer 2: I really think you are going too far in expecting topnames to help you. I can see the issue may be time consuming and require lots of help.

Buyer 1 needs to either do the support or refund the $ IMO. She probably should not have sold it unless she also knew how to run it at the time.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TopNames, what do you think about this: "I really think you are going too far in expecting topnames to help you. I can see the issue may be time consuming and require lots of help" ???

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
TopNames, what do you think about this: "I really think you are going too far in expecting topnames to help you. I can see the issue may be time consuming and require lots of help" ???

In light of the following, probably best to just wait and keep quiet:-

Topnames said:

Best regards,
Ken

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry....I'll help you. I'll resend the key gen and I will also send you the site's PSD files...and I'll even send you my phone number in case you have any questions.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
Don't worry....I'll help you. I'll resend the key gen and I will also send you the site's PSD files...and I'll even send you my phone number in case you have any questions.
Class Act

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK...I just emailed you the PSD files, the Key Gen and my phone number. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks to everyone who had something nice to say about me :)

Good luck with the site.
Ken

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like the first buyer pretty well sold the site to the second buyer, not even knowing what the hell he/she was selling. It could even be case in point that the first buyer already had another buyer for the site, before they even bought it.

IF I was the First Buyer, I would definately pay some initial support, because I see this as fraudulant, considering the first buyer probably made claims that THEY couldn't even support :) For example " This site makes $200/day".
Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom