Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

hot domain name expiring may 30th, have questions please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am monitoring a domain name that is expiring may 30th. It had over 10,000 searches at overture last month. When may 30th hits can i register it? And does this sound like I might get it, because who waits till the last minute to lengthen their registration term? Its a real good name.

Domain summit 2024

If its the expiry date in the whois, then that has little to do with when it will actually be deleted and available for re-registration.

If its a good domain with that many searches on overture, then your chances are slim at best. Your best bet is probably a service like snapnames or namewinner. But like I said, its still early days if its just the whois expiry date.

eddie, no depending on the registrar it will take a while to drop; up to several years, but hopefully a lot less than that :)

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
someone already has it back order, can i do anything?

D

DaniilKharms

If someone else has it back ordered, I doubt you will get it. You could try back ordering through another service, in which case it would depend on who has the best service implemented.

I have been successful with Snapnames before

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can i stay up till midnight and register it immediately:)

Can anyone tell me, all these names that snapnames etc are grabbing, do they query the WHOIS server several times a minute or they attempt to register the name several times a minute?

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eddie....names are not released at midnight....

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by eddie1278
I am monitoring a domain name that is expiring may 30th. It had over 10,000 searches at overture last month. When may 30th hits can i register it? And does this sound like I might get it, because who waits till the last minute to lengthen their registration term? Its a real good name.
What name is it?

TC, remember the whois is only updated daily - so the info is over 12 hours old from drop time.

The whois is not the definative source for whether a domain is available or not though, which is certainly the point that safesys is making - though in the new distributed whois model, I don't know how you would tell when a given Registrar will have up to date information.

Anyone who is serious about grabbing domains will be using the Register to Registry protocol - which means they query the Registry to see when a domain is available, using the connection and bandwidth from a particular ICANN Registrar.

-t

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah stuff im going to say it to everyone so everyone can try to snag it?

D

domaingator

Eddie, someone will register it via a script within a microsecond if it is a very good domain. DG knows many of the top players doing this. If you tell us the domain perhaps I can ask them if you want to buy it from them. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators