Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed how about this one

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.

whats it worth

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not fair rwleach, you don't have a category less than 1k :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are two words that do not exactly go hand in hand. You will not see one of those self-help books titled "How to Make Big Money in the Exciting Field of Cancer!"

Something like beatcancer (available as a .info) would work but this one I'm afraid does not.

Ya, know I have been doing web related and domain name work for quite some time now, and the .com of the last names I had listed for some of your expert appraisals had sold for $5000. not too long ago.
But here it seems like just a few think there the experts for all and
like to shoot down the rest, gaining some kind of satisfaction.
I think those few are very shortsighted and rude. But hey, I`ve been doing just fine for years without opinions of the likes of these few. So you others that get negative feedback from these few, Just Ignore and Continue, working with the names you feel sure of.

Thanks, RW

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi rw,

You may disagree with their appraisals, but you asked for advice and got it and I do not think that they were rude. Ya, I come from Minnesota, you know, and everyone here is nice by definition, so I must be as well.

Would you say that I am? (check one):

( ) quite right about this
( ) absolutely right about this
( ) pretty much right about this
( ) extremely accurate about this

Congrats on your $5k sale. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the .com of the last names I had listed for some of your expert appraisals had sold for $5000. not too long ago

I am glad to hear that, but it doesn't change my opinion of cancersuccess.net and .org. Also keep in mind that an appraisal is just an opinion. You asked for it, you got it. If you don't want it, don't ask for it. If you come here looking only for people who will agree with you, you are going to be disappointed.

I might also add that since cancersuccess.info, .biz and .us are all available right now for an $8 registration fee, why on earth would you think that the .net and .org would be of an any special value?

This time, when you sell them for $5,000 please let us know who bought them as we have plenty of equally mediocre names we would like to sell to the same individual.

i'm glad you've got faith in your registrations - thats a good thing, but not everyone will share your thoughts and appraisals are *opinions*. If everyone just said "great name" there would be not point in them.

And yes, domains that everyone else thinks are valueless can sell for good sums - thats the nature of a market where buyers can have taste as varied as sellers.

Cancer Success:
Does that mean somebody succeded in getting "Cancer"...
it rivals freezer-burn , Jumbo-shrimp Decent-lawyer.
The comments from the members some well"seasoned" ...are just an effort to make you/I understand the value of a particular name...learn fomr their/mine mistakes.
Congratulations on a nomination for the now prestigious award: "ctorage" domain of the day.
Dot com or else...

X

XiaoYuMi

in the experts' point of view ---- it worths nothing

in the nonexperts' view (like myself ) ---- it worths quite a few bucks as well

in your view ---- it worths thousands of dollars ......coz this is the one you bought and in possession rite now

good luck to your domains and hope that your future buyer will think the same way as you do

----------
p.s. i sold one of the most lousy domain i ever bought for USD 5000 too....back in the early 2000 .... i still dont have the slightest idea why they want the name so badly at that time.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
p.s. i sold one of the most lousy domain i ever bought for USD 5000 too....back in the early 2000 .... i still dont have the slightest idea why they want the name so badly at that time.

Now that's the kind of news I like to hear!! I have a very impressive portfolio of lousy names, so maybe I should not give up so soon.

It is definitely true in the domain business that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One would be wise to follow some rules of common sense when registering names, but appraisals here - and everywhere else for that matter - are just opinions. The only facts are the ones that can be counted when the buyer starts laying greenbacks on the table.

But If you are going to ask for appraisals, make sure you have a thick skin. I have had them met with praise and with ridicule. Others have been met with silence (newbies that is not good - silence is almost always a sign that the names are not even worthy of comment).

When a newbie posts here and their name gets universally hammered they invariably get very defensive about it. Sure, there is always that outside chance that someone will still pay for the name despite some pretty obvious drawbacks. But that is a very rare occurence. On the other hand if most here think the name is strong there is a far greater likelihood that it will sell. So, I would look for a consensus of opinion to gauge what your prospects might be.

Taken as a whole it is all a learning experience. Education usually does not come free of charge. I look at my mistakes as tuition. I keep trying to get the cost down, and while I am making some headway through better choices, I doubt I'll ever be on a full scholarship!

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well said Duke!

As for this domain, I agree with many here: a successful cancer is a deadly one. A person wants to defeat cancer. Success is, quite simply, the last word that should be coupled with cancer.

:cool:

M

Mik

Interesting that everyone uses the medical definition in their appraisal. What about the star sign equivalent? Cancer is after all a star sign like leo, virgo etc but yeah cancersuccess doesn't make much sense still :) someone might have a weird idea for it somewhere though. I note the .com is a place holder as well so much for a unique idea on the domain. If you can get 5g for it then congrats, if you paid 5g for it then well, you paid 5g for it.

If I had money and some mad idea about getting something related to cancer and success i'd go for the .com first anyway.

E

EroGenius

Well, I wonder how "CancerSuccess.com" measures with "CancerDefeated.com", "ConqueringCancer.com", "CancerAdvances.com", or "BattlingCancer.com". Ever so slight changes in possible implications, but available domains that might even be less ambiguous.

"CancerSucess.com" is the simplest and least amount of syllables, but I think you'd have to hit just the right person who would think that there's enough of a difference to spend a lot on making it up. Looks like rough waters.

~ EG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators