Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How can I force people to enter information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nah. We're cool. It didn't take me very long and I wasn't busy at the moment. Just trying to help somebody out.

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Force people??? You could twist their arm up their back, threaten violence etc!

I think you are talking about required fields. Pretty much any form-to-email script will do that.

Doesn't surprise me at all that people "forget" to enter their email address. In many cases a visitor might not want to enter their email address. I never require the email address on a straight contact form.

You might get someone wanting to give you quick valuable feedback but who don't want to enter their email address. I for one would not deter such people.

Generally speaking, I would be reluctant to use a contact form with a lot of required fields on it.

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Sweeney, as you can see this is an old thread and the problem was sorted by Tia.

The page in question is for clients to make a booking and therefore we need their email address to respond to them with quotations. SO as you can see the need for their email address is pretty much needed.

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Sweeney, as you can see this is an old thread and the problem was sorted by Tia.

Close the thread then.

Otherwise I will feel free to give readers my thoughts on this particular topic gained from my eight year ownership of FormToEmail.com (a form-to-email script that you could set required fields on, or not).

BTW, the name is "Charles" or "Mr Sweeney".

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice little add there Sweeney ;o)

And feel free to give people your wonderful insight. I was simply informing you that my own particular issue was resolved as you had obviously not read the thread in full to discover that yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom