Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How long is normally a domain placed on hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hosting3.com

well, it depends from the registrar... it may take years with Network Solutions...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True, it could be years for NetSol. One of the names that I had been tracking was put on hold since April 2001 and finally released last month. The truth is I have gone from very keen at acquiring the name more than 15 months ago to not interested at all now :-(

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Uusually about 2 years, but when it give you a messege that domain is found in the local DB only, then it has only 5 days left. IYS.com just becamse avaliable a few days ago and got registered the instant it did. What a great name I missed.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that Network Solutions is getting better. I had been tracking three names with NetSol and all three were deleted within two months of expiration.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive tracked like 30 good names through verisign and they deleted all for non payment within 2 months. (nope I didnt get any of them. ) soem of th enames were expired for a year or more and all of a sudden Veri deleted them. Many Verisign feels scrutiny under the WLS beign approved and didnt want to be accused of hoarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom