Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How to become an .it registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

123domainname

Who is the registry for .it domains and how much does it cost to become acredited. Can you apply if you are outside Italy or do you have to become a reseller for someone else?

Domain summit 2024

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You have a competitor in the UK!

http://www.livetodot.co.uk/index.php

Most European countries have strict rules as to who can register a name. Usually only citizens, corporations operating with the jurisdiction, or most broadly EU nationals.

Since livetodot is in the UK ... that should answer your question ... although at $75 USD per year ... pretty steep!

C

cerebus

I think Italy are one of those who doesn´t have that strict rules. I have no idea on how to become a registrar though.

B

brendan

Anyone in the world can apply to become an agent for the Italian RA and then they can register domains under the .it domain space on behalf of any EU citizen or company. The costs are about 1200 GBP registration I think but I can't remember exactly.

The main costs for anyone considering will be learning the system it is not an easy registry to sell domains for like .com and .co.uk so you will need a proper techincal knowledge of dns it would be an advantage to speak Italian as well.

All the hard bits can be avoided by using our reseller system of course ;) ISP's and domain resellers are most welcome to join at http://reseller.livetodot.com/

Also our cost is 30 GBPs per year roughly 45 USD not 75 USD as suggested but reseller prices are less and drop depending on volume.

Hope this helps.

Brendan

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by brendan
Also our cost is 30 GBPs per year roughly 45 USD not 75 USD as suggested but reseller prices are less and drop depending on volume.

I registered an .it domain at Mercator.net and only paid $17 for the name. That's about 11.50 GBP.

If you register a domain name in .it, the .it registry charge another registration fee to modify the WHOIS information. Therefore make sure you get your contact and nameserver information correct in the first place.

I also believe that if you are a private individual, you are only allow one .it domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom