Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed I have 3 DOMAINS to Appraise.

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DigitalCable

I have three domains that I would like to sale, but am not sure on their Value.

One of them is DIGITALBARBIE.COM I paid to have it appraised and they claimed that it had a value of $4100. Here's a link to those results:
http://www.allfordomains.com/appraisal.asp?Domain=DigitalBarbie.com

The other two Domains are:
DigitalCableSource.com
and
chatcamsonline.com

I'm only selling the names themselfs. Not hosting included. I currently have Chatcamsonline pointed to the bimbocams website with permission so that there is something there when it get's hit.

It gets a lot of hits. I guess from people looking for online chat cams. Also there is a Webcame site/page called chatcams online, but they are in germany and have a different address.

So any help of appraisel would be appreciated.

Thanks!,
David

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
digitalbarbie.com - $0
DigitalCableSource.com $15-100
chatcamsonline.com - $0

Dont trust machines appraising your names...trust humans, who know the market and the economy.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately these appraisal services seem to be living in the past. I can't see digitalbarbie being worth very much. The value is dependent on the potential revenue (except for vanity sites), and I can't see how it could be used for gaining income. The search tool Overture gives result mainly for barbie digital cameras, and it may be that a site could promote barbie's digital products.

Barbie is also a trademarked name, so there may be problems developing a site.

johnnygjr

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't see much potential in DigitalBarbie.

However, DigitalCableSource could bring some money as well as ChatCamsOnline. Take your best bet with DigitalCableSource.

Good luck.

D

DigitalCable

Originally posted by doberry
digitalbarbie.com - $0
DigitalCableSource.com $15-100
chatcamsonline.com - $0

Dont trust machines appraising your names...trust humans, who know the market and the economy.

$0 REALLY? :laugh:

Okee Dokee,

Thanks!
Dave

D

DigitalCable

Originally posted by johnnygjr
Don't see much potential in DigitalBarbie.

However, DigitalCableSource could bring some money as well as ChatCamsOnline. Take your best bet with DigitalCableSource.

Good luck.

I was thinking that might be the best of the three.......With everything going digital and a lot of the Current Analog Cable systems are switching over to Digital Cable systems to try and keep up with the Market that the satelite digital systems are falling into then there are companies out there supplying digitalcable supplies and components to the Cable companies, so a supplier could use that domain. There is also other types of Digital cables for other things.

With a lot of things going Digital these days, I believe this one has potental.

Dave

gkleinman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My 2cents:

DigitalBarbie.com (might actually cost you money as Mattel owns the Trademark for Barbie). Mattel did do a line of PCs called Barbie PCs, they were a huge flop. Could have some value as a site which lets you dress up online barbies, but revenue would probably be hard to find. So lets say $100

DigitalCableSource.com - 3 word domain name which is pretty long, Digital and Cable ranks ok on Overture:
14073 digital cable But if you look closely more people are looking for illegal descramblers than anything else. So outside of a site for illegal descrambelers I'd say worth what you paid to register it.

chatcamsonline.com - Another 3 word domain. This time there's a concern with the fact there may be an alternate singular chatcamonline.com. Outside of an adult site (which If you look at the expired domain area there are some good names out there for register) I'd say another 'Worth What You Paid To Register it For' Domain

D

DigitalCable

Where does one go to see the list of expired domains?

Thanks,
DAVE

H

HyperactiveFun

DigitalCable -

1) Do a search on Google for "Expired Domains". There are a lot of sources now days. Some free, some fee.

2) Do a search on this website for AllForDomains.com and enjoy the reading. I'm afraid your money wasn't well spent. Tip: don't pay for their sell distribution list. Cut your losses.

hollayo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my opinion those apprasials are worthless... if they were any good they would agree to buy a domain for 20% of their apprasial value... I would guess they would not pay this much for most evaluations at this time

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they work out these values. My domain
www.sexelf.com was valued at $300,000 by one company (I didn't pay for that valuation though).
It must have some value though as I was offered $10 for it as a present for someones girl friend. :D

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You couldn't use DigitalBarbie.com for anything related to dolls, cameras, toys, etc. due to the Barbie trademark, which they enforce quite severely. Good luck coming up with another use for it.

DigitalCableSource.com is long... but you might get someone to buy it sometime.

ChatCamsOnline.com I don't get... is it chat or a cam? And the weak suffix "online" drags down any potential value it might have had.

I wouldn't laugh at the $0 appraisals as I can guarantee that those are a hell of a lot closer than what AllForDomains.com claims. They should be run out of business. I've never seen them come up with any appraisal that wasn't wayyyyy too high.

Unfortunately, it'd be difficult to run a real appraisal service for profit since most names submitted would be worth less than what someone would have to charge for their time to write back and say, noipe, this name sucks, sorry... and then the person would want their money back. Appraisal services profit off of unrealistically boosting the egos of people who submit names.

--
Dan Norder - Savanna.com, FineGold.com, etc.
High profile and niche domain names for sale

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're paying for bullshit appraisal. :D

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how many times do Ihave to say this. A name is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it at any given time. Unless you are willing to do some work, brand it, and create traffic and link popularity, they are not worth much, with the rare exception of names that get type in traffic.

If you pay for appraisals, you are out of your mind. I did a couple years ago, and I was out of my mind. Then I was out of some of my money. Now we have people competing for a chance to register a name for $69, even though one can be registered for as little as $6.49. That is 1000 percent over retail folks. Yes, if your lucky, you might get a good name. I would love to see some examples of what people paid for names at namewinner.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for instance. Gregr, grandmaster G as I call him, gave me a quick valuation for hitpros.com in chat. $0. Good thing I sold it for $500 a while back I suppose. That dont mean greg was wrong, that is what it was worth to him. All valuations are is opinions, and if we all got paid for our opinions? But we dont, thats why we are here. Hmmmm. DNestimates.com sounds better everyday.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DigitalBarbie.com - agree with gkleinman, $100

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DigitalCable

$0 REALLY? :laugh:

Okee Dokee,

Thanks!
Dave
It would be only worth money if you could sell barbie related products through it. Try doing that, and youll get C&D letter in about a week, and a lawsuit for losses youve cost the company. Oh, and yeah - alleged cybersquatter mark which will realy help you in the future. :rolleyes:

So you can laugh as much as you can, but that wont make you money..

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrew Gordon- FastDomainSales.com
Andrew Cohen- AllForDomains.com
same guy

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DigitalCable
I have three domains that I would like to sale, but am not sure on their Value.

One of them is DIGITALBARBIE.COM I paid to have it appraised and they claimed that it had a value of $4100. Here's a link to those results:
http://www.allfordomains.com/appraisal.asp?Domain=DigitalBarbie.com

The other two Domains are:
DigitalCableSource.com
and
chatcamsonline.com

I'm only selling the names themselfs. Not hosting included. I currently have Chatcamsonline pointed to the bimbocams website with permission so that there is something there when it get's hit.

It gets a lot of hits. I guess from people looking for online chat cams. Also there is a Webcame site/page called chatcams online, but they are in germany and have a different address.

So any help of appraisel would be appreciated.

Thanks!,
David

you should buy this name digitalcable.com :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators