Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

i want to promote my alexa rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me,alexa is more important than PR.
so i want high alexa rank.
what should i do?
thankks.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexa is USELESS.

Why does everyone use Alexa? It means NOTHING...

Alexa is supposed to be used to rank sites in terms of how much traffic they get, except it doesn't work very well. I have a site that gets thousands of visitors per day and is ranked around 170,000 and a site that gets a handful of visitors per day ranked 46,000.

Do not spend anytime or money on boosting your Alexa ratings. PR (link building) is FAR more important and is the best way to increase the profitability of any website.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ditto :: :sorry:

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1x1 said:
To me,alexa is more important than PR.
so i want high alexa rank.
what should i do?
thankks.
While I agree it's useless, to answer your question:

Go to alexa.com and install their toolbar (maybe get 1 or 2 friends to do the same). Now while having it installed in I.E. (only works in I.E.) browse thru as many pages on your site as possible, and have your friends do the same.

I bet you can have a 15k daily alexa rank with just 2-3 people doing this (shows you just how much their system sucks). But anyway, that's how it's done.

electrowerks

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
marod0er said:
While I agree it's useless, to answer your question:

Go to alexa.com and install their toolbar (maybe get 1 or 2 friends to do the same). Now while having it installed in I.E. (only works in I.E.) browse thru as many pages on your site as possible, and have your friends do the same.

I bet you can have a 15k daily alexa rank with just 2-3 people doing this (shows you just how much their system sucks). But anyway, that's how it's done.

imo, you can get your alexa to about 100k this way. To get a 15k, you'd need about 20 friends. But point made, it can be done. :fencing:

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
electrowerks said:
imo, you can get your alexa to about 100k this way. To get a 15k, you'd need about 20 friends. But point made, it can be done. :fencing:
Dunno about exactly 15k, but you can definitely get it below 100k.

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Firefox version:

1. Install the Search Status Firefox Extension
  2. Visit your site.
  3. Open a new tab -- at this step you have two tabs open, and your site is in the first tab that is covered up.
  4. Set Firefox to remember your last tab session every time you start Firefox (your home page settings).
  5. Now forget about the tab that has your Web site.
  6. Every time you open Firefox, your site will open in the background tab and the Search Status FF extension will send the data to Alexa.
  7. Get a few friends to do the same.
Following those instructions will break the Alexa top 100,000 without much effort.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put your site on an "autosurf" site , or get a fake traffic script ... ( try google for those )

ie Alexa is absolute 5h1T ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators