Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Important Klickerz Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Anne

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A message from our Managing Director:

Dear Friends and Clients,

I'm writing to you all from somewhere in California off Interstate Hwy
5. Earlier today, in a telephone conversation, Skenzo informed me that
they have issued a "letter of termination" severing Klickerz'
relationship effective within a very few days. Not having seen the
actual notice, I can't comment on their reasons. We have enjoyed a
prosperous relationship up until now and wish them much success in all
their future endeavors.

While we are saddened by this development we want everyone to know that
the event will not negatively impact our ability to monetize your domain
traffic. We have rapidly made arrangements that will allow for a near
seamless migration away from Skenzo's platform and will likely result in
higher earnings for most portfolios.

For those of you using Klickerz nameservers no effort on your part will
be necessary to change anything over. For those using URL forwarding it
will be necessary to switch to DNS. For those using their own DNS to "A"
record to Skenzo's IP you'll need to update accordingly. We will
provide details on all that shortly.

We'll be monitoring everyone's traffic closely to ensure proper
reoptimization. However it wouldn't hurt if everyone will visit all
their names right away, or at least their top earners, and take careful
note of the keywords in use. Be sure to alert us to anything that
appears out of the ordinary.

As far as your ability to login and view your now current and past
account info/stats I don't have a definite answer, but will try to get
one. I doubt that Skenzo would block anyone's ability to see past stats
but it would be advisable that you login right away and download your
history. Likewise, there should be no problem with Skenzo paying your
outstanding earnings in a timely fashion.

As for the new platform stats, I want everyone to know that despite the
suddenness we will put together a decent interface. This won't be ready
for a few days and until then for a short time the way you get your new
stats may be a bit clunky. We may just have to regularly email each of
you a CSV file, but rest assured they will be accurate.

Know too that you will be paid on time! From here on out we'll be
handling your payments in-house and whatever issues/challenges Skenzo
faced in processing earnings and getting them out in a timely fashion
will no longer be a factor.

Please know that while everyone at Klickerz will be very busy for the
next few days working on issues related to this changeover we will
nonetheless be available to answer your remaining questions and address
any concerns. You can reach Emily Anne at:emilyanne AT klickerz.com
or Fin AT klickerz.com.

Very Best Regards
Fin

BTW, on a completely unrelated note: Have you joined the ICA yet? Why
wait??? Membership is cheap! Visit internetcommerce.org and tell 'em
Fin sent ya.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Emily can you please update the status of klickerz here on DNF.
You have not posted from 8th May and Fin is not here from mid april.

It will be nice of you if there is an update on what is going on with your company, what is the future of still loyal clients you have etc.

If you look at the parking stats from 20th may, they are Dead. I am talking about the audited final stats also.

Whatever the issue is please make yourself comfortable and update us on what is happening. I think it's not fair to keep your clients in dark for long.
Every penny is worth it and we cannot afford to loose or be in confused state.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nametrader, the reason your stats might look dead from the 20th is that we;ve been manual testing several platforms in preperation for our launch of RED, the new auto-redirector. The stats page(s) you were given before must only be for one platform.

We have a consolidated stats page now, Drop Em a line and she can get you the url along with your login details.

Please know that we're very sorry for not having been more prepared for this upheaval. It was not our choice. We tried to negotiate with Skenzo in good faith but there only idea of a "settlement" was to have me turn over all client relationships to them and give up the Klickerz name. I repeatedly asked them to consider the negative impact their rash action would cause to those people who'd put their faith in us. I suppose they that wasn't their main concern. As if to further illustrate that lack Divyank outlined a litany of "things they could do" if I continued to refuse to give in, most disturbing to me was the threat to withhold payment to all Klickerz clients.

Fortunately for everyone this is one threat they did not follow thru upon, probably only because they finally realized it would be suicidal. After their reverse-hijacking of Hotels.in its a wonder they're still in business at all. I knew after hearing about that incident that my relationship with them was going to become rocky.

Its been a LOT of work getting our new systems ready. That more than anything is whats been keeping me from making more regular contact with everyone. And as if I didn't have enough to contend with, a funny thing happened just a couple of days after moving all the clients away from them. We were hit with a MASSIVE DOS attack. Rather coincidental, eh?

I used to give these guys the benefit of every doubt. And for a long time they did good work (with the notable exception of chronically late and misdirected payments - which everyone naturally assumed was my fault), making us all a lot of extra money. But greed is a powerful foe and a disaster for those who fall prey to its spell. (how all too well i know this) I can only say that I'm very disappointed in my Indian friends but it's human to make mistakes. I'm still hopeful that a positive outcome will be the ultimate result. For everyone.

One bit of good news, seems the coop idea is finally bubbling to the surface of people's imaginations.

I've said already that I've reached the point where I'm ready to begin a new phase in my life. I havn't had a lot of time to just sit and think since I lost my wife back in September. But I do know that I want to spend more of my days in contemplation and in basic research. You might say the DNA is calling me. I always wanted to become a microbiologist, even as a little kid. So its really now or never. Of course I can't do that AND properly run Klickerz. So its time I give up the reigns.

What am I trying to say? Only this: I am completely ready to reorganize the Klickerz cooperative and turn over control to the community at-large. I've always said from the begining that this is YOUR coop. Naturally there's a lot to figure out from here. We'll be having a number of meetings in order to sort it all out, the first happening at TRAFFIC NY next month. Anyone interested in participating is welcome to drop me a line.

Peace out

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today is 20th july, the day Klickerz promised to pay all outstanding dues to its clients/former clients. Today is Friday and if Klickerz doesn't honor the promise, there is going to be 2 day delay because of the weekend.

The way Klickerz worked out an agrrement with skenzo to get all pending payments paid is applaud able, I beleive every one got their money to the last penny. Thank you very much Klickerz for the same.

I hope you will give us a quick and accurate update on when the pending payments going to be. We all have to tally our spreadsheets!

Thank you Fin for your long reply, it is definitely useful.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today is 20th july, the day Klickerz promised to pay all outstanding dues to its clients/former clients. Today is Friday and if Klickerz doesn't honor the promise, there is going to be 2 day delay because of the weekend.

Our Paypal came through last night so they are paying :smilewinkgrin:

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when i type klickerz.com i see the following

Under Construction

The site you are trying to view does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded and configured.

Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.

too bad to see a site went offline like this

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and klickerz.biz goes to DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom