Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Interesting report on .US registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeh I found the same website as you just yesterday after doing a websearch on "Bradley Norrish" who popped up very frequently on my 3-letter domain exclusive searches.

http://www.australiandomainnews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=172

"Bradley Norrish, a Director of Internet Registrations Australia, is the 2nd largest single registrant of domains within the .us TLD.

1746 .us domain names have been registered under the name "Internet Registrations WorldWide" listing Mr Norrish as Registrant Contact with a New York address, and a contact email address of brad@irww.com (example here). Very curiously indeed, none of these domain names appear to list any contact phone numbers. According to the report, the "overwhelming majority" of these names are three letter domain names."

This story had a link to the site.

I even found my own name on the site which listed my 16 .US domain registrations. It also said something at the end which projected the total sales to reach over 300,000 by years end. Well i'll have to say that they are up to like 430,000 now so that's better than was projected at the daily average rate of 1,000

The one interesting thing about the site is to see which morons actually wasted thousands of dollars on worthless names. On person had like hundreds of domains beginning with 123. There are some people who made very wise purchases with specific words. This is a very good domain study and something that I am glad is available. I was considering doing it myself.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know what I found really funny about that list. There is an organization called Photo Center that has 14 .us domains, but they did not register PhotoCenter.us. I picked that up just a couple of weeks ago as it was still unregistered. Go figure.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My favorite find was a guy TOM WILKE who registered endtimes.us, conspiracies.us, newworldorder.us, and about 13 other similar ones (some of which I had considered registering). All point to HOBBLE.COM

Basically it points to that main site and has some really good comics. They are very good and very funny. Check It Out!!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over 50% of .us registrants are not US citizens? :confused:

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is simply the percentage of people with contacts OUTSIDE the us. It actually represents a small portion of the total registrations the way I figure it.

US Citizen - 15.6% (3392)
Permanent Resident of US - 3.5% (751)
US Organization - 6.3% (1373)
Foreign Entity or Organization with Bona Fide US Presence, Regularly Engaging in Lawful Activities in US - 58.7% (12766)
Office or Other Facility in the US - 13.1% (2848)
No nexus data available in WHOIS - 2.8% (609)

So total of 21,739 Names out of 308,000 domains registered through August 13, 2002 is what we're looking at I believe. So overall That's very about 7.1% of the total registrations.

Did i crunch those numbers right and read it correctly? :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators