Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Is anyone else having a problem with HostGator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the past 24 hours I've been trying to get in touch with HostGator through live chat (which tells me every time there's an estimated waiting time of 1 minute but never moves from that static message) or else rejects my email address when I try to get a ticket, even though I've had to use my correct ID and password to get onto the site.

Is anyone else having a problem like this? Also, the captcha is very difficult to read. I don't recall there being one before and it seems unnecessary, since you have to be on the site to do live chat.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clear your browser and reboot your system.
No luck. Cleared the browser and rebooted (we had a thunderstorm just then, as it happened). Went back onto HostGator and this time the count started at 4 minutes plus some numbers. After 10 minutes it got to 1 min 9047619047619 and stuck there. :(

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try different browser. Sounds like something is wrong with your system - not with hostgator.
Check and update flash (chat uses flash)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try different browser. Sounds like something is wrong with your system - not with hostgator.
Check and update flash (chat uses flash)

I haven't got another browser I know how to use, unfortunately. And my current one always worked till now. The ticket system failed also. When I put in my email address with password it once again told me that the combination was wrong, even though it's the one I've always used there - and the one I use to pay my hosting.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After 10 minutes it got to 1 min 9047619047619 and stuck there. :(

LOL. Must not like you.

I've never had a problem like that. Have you tried calling?

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL. Must not like you.

I've never had a problem like that. Have you tried calling?

Lol, Tia, I'm getting that feeling. I'm in Ireland, so it's a big deal to call the States, unless on Skype. But my son tells me he has Firefox on my computer, so I might try that. But I don't need it now, after all, as I've got GoDaddy to help me instead. :)

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regularly.
Heard they have changed hands and initially have gone downhill it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom