Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

Is there any people got the same error when use DropShark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use dropshark for some days,it's ok.

But now,When I start this tools,this tools begin check 'Contacting web service' is ok,check 'Calling for authorization' is ok.
But 'Processing Saved searches' and 'Processing watch list' are not ok.
I got a error window and close it,and got the info:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I click "continue...." to enter the tools.

I cann't load any list in "Load List" section,the list is "No Date Loaded",and the button is "Auth Error".

When I got this error ,I use the last version,but the error is same.I am sure I can use it some days ago.

Did you got the same error?
Or can you use this tools now?

Thanks

Bean

I found the answer,please down load the newest version at dropshark.com which just repair this bug!

Bean

IWA Meetup

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was a change implemented by my web host that necessitated a change to the web service URL. Unfortunately, that’s the service that also tells you when an upgrade is necessary – so you can see the catch-22.

There is a new version, 1.0.823.1 at http://download.dropshark.com that resolves the issue by using the new web service URL. Simply download the ZIP and unzip it over your existing installation to get the newer program and all should be well.

I’m working on a system to email all registered users in the unlikely event that this ever happens again.

The bug was reported at 1100 Pacific Time yesterday, and the fix was coded, tested and pushed to the download site by 1600.

Christopher

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you!Now every thing is OK!

Bean

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problem. A bug like this that stalls everyone gets my highest priority.

I'm adding new code to the startup module to detect such problems in the future and automatically direct you to a new version if it happens.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah,it's very useful if the tools can check whether there is a new version is avilibale for download,it will save me times to check it on the website everyday!

Bean

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
guiwang said:
Yeah,it's very useful if the tools can check whether there is a new version is avilibale for download,it will save me times to check it on the website everyday!

Bean

It already does that. Check the splash screen after authorization is complete, and it will tell you if there's a new version. If the new version is a mandatory upgrade (meaning I changed something so significant that it needs the new version to work right), it won't start up until you upgrade. I don't anticipate doing this except in cases where such a drastic change was unavoidable.

In this case, however, the problem was in the authentication system, which is the only thing that happens before the version check. Very annoying, and something that I'd thought wouldn't happen. Silly me.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
I have never used DropShark, but it looks interesting.

It is interesting.

Plus, there's a new hidden incentive to buy a license - Monday night, I promised my wife that the next 10 license purchases were hers to spend as she wished. Turns out that she wants this really nice lingerie set and, as you know, when she gets new outfits, that means a photoshoot :-D

4 licenses down, 6 more to go :party:

alien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to save the lists than letting the program download them everytime when I start the program?

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alien said:
Is there a way to save the lists than letting the program download them everytime when I start the program?

No. The lists come down from the server with pre-calculated analysis values. If one could save them, one could potentially post them on a web site and/or share them with others who have not purchased a license.

Version 1.1, for example, will have pre-scanned linkpop values embedded in the download, which I would prefer not to give away for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom