Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Is This For Real?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
:laugh: Can't be real. My best guess is mlawrence02 (high bidder) made the anqudus account to list the name with, to make it seem like someone with a fairly large feedback profile has bid on the name..

Unless I missed something.. damatex?

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's ahhhh i forget oredi ....

:D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's not the brightest lightbulb as it doesn't leave much room for a counter-bid does it, LOL

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the real winner in all of this is eBay, cuz they get paid for every listing including these nonsense auctions.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
the real winner in all of this is eBay, cuz they get paid for every listing including these nonsense auctions.

I don't think Ebay will ever collect commish on the $169 mil (or watever) bogus bid. Usually the seller cancels the winning bid the last minute or reports the (bogus) buyer to Ebay as such and no sale is officially recorded. Or the buyer reports a bogus seller :).
Or the reserve is just set way too high for a sale transaction to occur. IN any event, Ebay may never collect anything --not even a listing fee-- if this has been set up by a con artist.

Sad state...

HelloThere

Videographer/Video Editor
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got a theory on some of these domain names that go up for sale on ebay with outlandish list prices...

It could be a method of communication for terrorists, and potentially a way to hide money transfers between terrorist groups in different countries. Before you say I'm crazy, keep track of the domain names that are being 'sold' this way, & look up the registration whois info.

The domain names being "sold" could easily be some code name for potential targets or locations. If one sells, it could be a disguise to justify a large money transfer that would otherwise be scruitinized by the feds. If you think about it, buying and selling domain names is an ideal way to launder money, don't you think???

Hey, maybe we can use this to sell more domains! Anyone know any mob bosses with assets they need to launder???

;)

HelloThere

Videographer/Video Editor
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Truly evil genius is never fully appreciated....

:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators