Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Keyword Discovery vs. Wordtracker vs. Google Keywords tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

juguar

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've seen the threads about this topic and also seen comparisons. But I still don't get why I should pay to use one of the commercial tools if all I want to do is to run an AdWords campaign.

Here are the things I've tried:-
1. Wordtracker -
Used their 7-day trial account to enter my root or core keywords and got some suggested keywords back. I then used the Competition search and got a report ranked by Impressions & KEI .
Problem is they're saying there were 45 searches (really small) with Broad match.
I ran a starter campaign for 2 days before and got many, many impressions (something like 1000). Admittedly, I had a high Max CPC. But Wordtracker does not correlate to CPC.

Also, 1000 actual impressions on AdWords vs. 45 searches in Wordtracker. Can someone help me reconcile the two vastly different numbers?

Also, WT divides no. of searches by the number of pages returned by the search engine.

I want to find keywords that are commercially convertable. I don't want educational keywords. I also want to know what the competition level is for the commercially convertable keywords.

I can't find a way to get WT to give that to me. Then I might as well continue to use the free Google keywords tool. Please tell me why I should use WT.

2. Keyword Discovery
- Same thing. How do I know which keywords are likely to lead to a sale?
- Also the the graphs seemed to indicate a flurry of activity around

Valentine's Day for the term "vegetarian protein". It goes up from 400 searches to about 3800 searches.
Is that a demo graph or an actual graph for vegetarian protein?
Is it 400 searches per month or what ? what unit?

Again, the numbers are way below Google's. Google's are like 24,000 and KD is 500. What gives?

Jug

DnPresident

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope this is what your asking?

Here's my experience. First of all, people love to give out the google results when selling a name but most of those same people usually aren't so quick to go by KeywordTracker results. I go by KeywordTracker daily search results. If it says 179 daily searches but google says 12,800,000. I honestly don't know what the google results are but I think it's how many times google see's the name being used and not for exact searches.

For example, Your looking for the search volume of 'fax machines' google may see that someone wrote "I hate fax machines" and count that. Where KeywordTracker goes by that exact search term.

So, don't buy the keyword "fax machines" expecting real high search volume for that exact term.

KeywordTracker seems like a good tool to me but be careful not to fall for some kind of fad or something that surged in search results short term. Use Common sense.:)

Hi,
Here are the things I've tried:-
1. Wordtracker -
Used their 7-day trial account to enter my root or core keywords and got some suggested keywords back. I then used the Competition search and got a report ranked by Impressions & KEI .
Problem is they're saying there were 45 searches (really small) with Broad match.
I ran a starter campaign for 2 days before and got many, many impressions (something like 1000). Admittedly, I had a high Max CPC. But Wordtracker does not correlate to CPC.

Also, 1000 actual impressions on AdWords vs. 45 searches in Wordtracker. Can someone help me reconcile the two vastly different numbers?

Jug

Last edited:

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
go with google trends, identify a keyword which you rank no1 for in google, workout via a 60% / 40% split between PPC (depending on the keyword)/SEO click ratio, that determines 85% CTR, the rest will goto competitors or other results. Then index it vs your new keyword and via the index you can work out the new keywords accurate traffic. That will give a very accurate result which completely differs from keyword tool or any other tool in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom