Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Keywords In A Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainmagnet

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the following question, so excuse me if i am in the wrong place to post my question.

If a domain is made up of two words such as ElectronicGames.Com would it be less searchable if you register GamesElectronic.Com? I am guessing the search engine will show the same result for both domains, am I wrong?

My other question is regarding the value, how much would you compare both domains pricing wise?

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,
Tarek

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen that search engines will give the keywords the most weight based on their order (you'll still get a little relevancy love for keywords regardless of order). For example, "electronic games" is obviously the more competitive term to get ranked for (versus "games electronic"). This competitive difference means that once you get ranked for "electronic games", it's likely that you'll also be ranked for "games electronic". On the other hand, if you get ranked for "games electronic" - you will still have quite a bit of work to do in order to get ranked for "electronic games".

At the end of the day, keyword domains are great for getting ranked in low competition/niche categories...but they aren't enough to generate rankings on competitive keywords.

For more info on keyword domains, check out this video from Matt Cutts

Since we're on the topic of domains + search...
A domain's age/history don't mean anything once Google notices the change of ownership - both of them get reset so the new owner isn't potentially penalized for the actions of the previous owner. Most/all links are also at risk of being completely devalued...

Don't get me wrong, there are ways to avoid losing all the value of age & good history, but it can be very tricky.

See Links Below for More Info:

Search Engine Land
SEO Roundtable
SEOMoz

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

domainmagnet

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom