Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Lead generation - need help

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have one .com that is the category killer in some small niche. I want to develop it in a lead generation site. As I don't have any expirience in it I have some questions.
Let's say I have table.com and want to work 15 table manufacturers.
I want to build the site, to put some unique content regarding this field and to sell the products of these mentioned manufacturers using their images and discriptions. I want to take from them some % if I will sell their products.
As I understand there are 2 possible techniques how to do it:
1. To take the orders and then redirect them to the manufacturer.
2. To redirect orders to the manufacturer in the moment of putting the order.
Now the question: hot technically I can do this? I mean how to track orders in the variant 2?
How high % should I ask?
Or maybe there are better solutions?

Something about the product value: $100-$400 per item.

Thanks, Nick

Domain summit 2024

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, Nick. Try contacting the manufactures. Sometimes they have their own methods for how you can sell their products. For instance, they might have something called APIs which allows you to programmically tap into their data or they might have embeddable order forms. Contact them first and go from there.

Additionally, you can always use sites such as CJ.com, nichesiteplatform.com or popshops.com

Last edited:

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply and some tips Tia!

Have an urgent question to everyone.

Look. I found a supplier of one particular product and he wants to work with me. I offered them the scheme below:
- i will use their images descriptions etc. and other info on my site
- i will take orders from clients and will redirect (send) them to the manufacturer
- after order will be finished the manufacturer will pay me agreed %.

But how to make it?
I have a company where this product is manufactured and sells mainly. I have address, phone. But I have some questions that I don't have answers:
1. When order will be send to the manufacturer by me, the customer will need to pay for the product to manufacturer. I already see a problem cause I think it will be strange for the customer to place an order on one site (mine) and than pay through the other site to other company (manufacturer). How to fix all this?

2. Manufacturer sells his products through his website. My prices will be the same. Why the buyer will prefer my site over manufacturer's?

3. Should I clearly say on my site that I'm... who? Reseller? Distributor? But if my prices are the same, and the manufacturer's website is more legitimate (for sure) - what should I do not to lose the client?

Thanks in advance.

kollam003

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First you should understand two things.
1. You can build a website provide some informations about the products you are selling, and provide an affiliate link in which the customer clicks and redirects them to the manufacture page that is called Affiliate marketing. There is tremendous opportunity in this field. You can sell products of Amazon, walmart etc without any much hassle and basic computer knowledge. You will get paid from 3% to 20% or more depending on the Company and products you deal with. In this model your profit is limited but your risk is also very limited, as all the groundwork is done by the company itself.

2. Drop Shipping - In this model you build a website, the customer comes to your website likes the product and orders it through you. Then you will have to pass the order to the company, they will white label the order with your website address and make it feel that you shipped it. You take the cash, and pass on the actual price to the company as per your deal. You will have to handle the returns payment and other related problems directly from the customer and pass them to the company.

Which model works for you is for you to decide. The second one requires more work on your part, the profit margin would be higher. If you are looking to start some for a highly competitive product then it would not be worth for the second model.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks kollam003!

I understand you. My situation is a bit different.
This company that I was talking about is a well-known British company in this particular field. They have known (in this field) brand. So when I will "sell" their products everyone will know that these are not mine products.
My problem is described in my second post.

kollam003

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So its better you talk with them about the available terms and make a deal with them. Having a Killer domain name would give you a stephead than the others but the biggest part is traffic and that too quality traffic. Should have a desirable plan for that too. Talk out your difficulties with the company and they would help you out.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again.
The problem is that they don't have any terms :) They never did something like this before and it was me who came with it suggestion.
Still can't fully understand and create this "order" part.
Anyone else have expirience in it?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators